1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LEATHERMAN SKELETOOL PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by bjjprepared, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bjjprepared

bjjprepared Loaded Pockets

I just bought the leatherman skeletool today and i think i already broke the bit driver, it doesnt hold the bit secure. i think there is supposed to be a spring in there holding the bit tight but for some reason mine isnt working so good. anyone have similar problems?

2. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

Is the bit fully pushed in. On mine, I have to press the release button before the bit will push fully in.

If not, you may have a faulty unit. Contact Leatherman. They have a very good warranty and will sort you out.

3. bjjprepared

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I went back to academy to exchange it for a good one. no problems yet (crossing my fingers)

4. bjjprepared

ok what the hell is going on!! the new skeletool just broke just like the other one, two skeletools broken in one day. i was using the bit driver and it made a little poping sound and now the bit driver wont hold the bit like it used to. that is exactly what happened to the other one. am i the only one having this problem. i wasnt even using them hard ? ! :mad: :shrug:

5. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

Very strange. I've used mine without a problem. It is possible your may have been part of a faulty batch. I would suggest you contact Leatherman direct.

6. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

Had the same problem. Sent it back to Leatherman and they swapped it out with a repaired one. I still didn't trust it so I sold it and got the CX and have'nt had any problems since. Alot of hassle though not to mention the extra funds put forth on the CX.