1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Sideclip keyholder

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Vsegda gotov, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Vsegda gotov

Vsegda gotov Loaded Pockets

I've owned three Sideclips and really love this small multi tool, I turned one into a key holder and here are a few photos for the people on the forum who have shown an interest in it.

The handles were taken off and the pliers/tools removed, the bolts are secured with 5 point torx with the centre hole, so easily available now, need one for each side though. I used a thread locker when re-assembling.
    Where the pliers went I fitted my work van key, some metal was removed to allow it to open, I also added another finger cutout to make opening easier. The van key comes from a remote flipper and fitted really well, where there was a spring in the original, the space was filled with washers.
    I don't use the van key much so it is really a back-up or for when I don't want to carry my other keyring with the remote locker... in truth I am lazy and prefer to use the remote!

The other end holds my work key and two house keys, I also recently added a SOG V-cutter which works really well as the 'spring lock' (a metal spring) from the original Leatherman tool fits the SOG component. A few washers are used in between. The work key (silver) is fitted in the middle and can be opened from either side, I usually have it sticking out the back, just makes it quicker to access.

Finally I have a Boker bar slid under the sideclip, this fits well and means the glass breaker can be used just in case...
    If I want minimal size then I take the Boker out and have a nice compact keyholder.

The setup works well for me, keys are not jingling around and don't take up much space, but are easy to get at. I naively thought this was an original idea when I made it a few years ago, but it seems there are many cool variations! Thanks for looking and reading :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Very cool idea ... Well-executed, too!

Vsegda gotov likes this.
  3. Vsegda gotov

Vsegda gotov Loaded Pockets

I made some changes to this recently. Removed the van key (always using the remote) and replaced it with a glass breaker spike and a serrated safety blade. I also removed the pocket clip as I rarely used it. The blade is from a SOG multitool and has just had the end rounded off so it can be used to cut rope or belt without any stabbing risk. The glass spike is also a SOG tool that has been cut down.

[​IMG]

4. Rattlecan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rattlecan Loaded Pockets

Sweet! Who woulda thunk it. Nice job!

Vsegda gotov likes this.