1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Raptor Discussion.

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by skygear, Jul 15, 2020.

1. skygear

skygear Loaded Pockets

So far, I like it. I have some thoughts on it though.

I'M a pocket carrier. I carry everything in my pockets. So I like LOW pocket clips. So you do not see what is being carried in my pockets. Also feels better.

Anyone trying to carry this Raptor in their smaller pocket can tell you, they could benefit from a better placed clip. Mounted under the large security screw would be the best location.

Steel used. - How about a 154 or similar for this tool.

Maybe leave this one alone and make a Fishing/ Hunting specific version instead. I need something in stainless for when I'm cleaning game.

Gut Hook - could be the same serrated gut hook combo blade
    Stainless
    poultry shear
    can/ bottle opener blade/ knife
    able to be taken down to sanitize and clean

That Movie Guy likes this.
  2. HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Loaded Pockets

I think your trying to make the Raptor do something it wasn't designed for... if it was buried in a pocket it would be much harder to access quickly. It was designed specifically for medical EMS and for use in trauma care in the field. I would definitely NOT want a deep carry clip. I've pocket carried it before..but the problem isn't its clip, its the overall width of the tool. The shears are beafy as hell and are not very thin. Also you will notice the V cutter is not a "gut hook" its designed to cut fiberous material such as pants etc, so its worse than the curved gut hooks found on hunting knives etc for the task of skinning.

3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Lmao, yeah even as a firefighter I find it a :censored: to use and I got it free. Sold mine on fleabay