1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

leatherman PST

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by keeper, Jun 16, 2013.

1. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

I have one of the leatherman PSTs. I picked it up cheap off ebay from a TSA confiscation company. It looks like it is in great shape, but it is so stiff I really can't rotate the tools to their usable position. I sprayed it with WD40 and let it set a day or too. After that I can sort of pry the tools out od the handle, but they are still so stiff I can't even move them enough to spend the evening in front of the TV working the tools in and out of the handle. Any suggestions? Is this something that needs to go back to the factory? I want to put together a small , but good quality EDC kit for a friend, and was planning to use this as a the multitool component in the kit.

2. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Well, if you don't care if it remains a PST, you can mail it to Leatherman and get it replaced. But you will get another similar tool. WD40 isn't the best for this, try penetrating oil or (clean) engine oil. Soak it for a day. (If you have the equipment, put it in a vacuum container, but that is not always an option.)

Mighty Max likes this.
  3. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

What he said!

4. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

Does Leatherman, aways replace the tool? I thought I had read that some tools just get fixed. I guess I don't really care if it remains a PST. I think I will try the penatrating oil 1st. Definetly don't have access to a vacuum container.

5. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

They don't make the PST anymore. So they will replace it with another model. My Brother in law prefers the PST and will not send them in for repair because of this. (He gets them the same way you did.)

6. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't send it in unless you mark it sentimental, then they might be able to get it serviced and working nicely for you but will just return it if not. PST's are worth keeping hold of; awesome well build little tools :)

You can get it opened yourself with a bit of coercion, then clean it down, oil it and reassemble.