1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Picture Thread

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by CheepSteal, Dec 15, 2012.

1. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Checking them out, I find they are the newer ones with the velcro closures and elastic sides. Those work pretty well, but wear out faster than the quality leather ones they formerly supplied, which I believed were made by Bianchi.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Yes. OTOH, my edc includes a LM Blast i acquired about 8 years ago? I don't remember exactly. It is a 'cordura' type; velcro closure. NOT elastic sides. I thought what I was seeing on Amazon included this type -- which are also sold direct by LM. Mine is still in decent shape other than the belt loop. (I actually use a Maxpedition single sheath for my daily edc; this LM sheath rides in the car with a different MT in it..)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. znapschatz

Just because I like quality stuff, I would spring for a sturdier sheath, but as an occasional user, I have found the supplied sheaths with elastic sides lasts a reasonable length of time. My 2008 purchased Charge needed only one replacement sheath in all that time, although that is now near its end :(. But when in good condition they work well, and a cheap sheath every five years, more or less, is not too bad. However, a tradesman who uses a tool multiple times daily, I believe, would find them unacceptable. As yet, I don't see anything on the Leatherman site that looks like much improvement.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Nite Ize has a generic multi-tool case that looks pretty decent, just about $12 on Amazon. I still prefer the original thick nylon Leatherman Wave case, as it has a nice clean look about it. It would've been better to have a magnetic clasp rather than velcro, though.
    [​IMG]

I took some comparative photos between the late 90's and early 00's models. The 90's release is more narrow and about 1oz lighter. The pliers jaws are slightly more narrow and longer, with a shorter wire cutter.

[​IMG]
    00's on left, 90's on right

[​IMG]
    90's on left, 00's on right

5. znapschatz

Stuck on the horns of a dilemma; I like the look of the original Wave sheath, but prefer the New Wave/Charge multi-tool. Guess I'll keep looking.:banghead:

6. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

The 2nd generation Wave will fit in that 1st gen sheath above... just rather snug. It would probably stretch out over time. I hadn't looked at the Charge much until just recently and I'm liking the TTi a lot. Even the Ti is nice (XTi doesn't make sense to me -- 2 bit drivers?)

znapschatz likes this.
  7. Demande simplement

Demande simplement Loaded Pockets

TI - XTI and TTI in Camo version
    [​IMG]

Clown and SurivStud like this.
  8. znapschatz

Some years ago, I was gifted an XTi in some kind of giveaway program. Two bit holders made sense for someone who had to have ready two oddball bits, Robertson and #1 Phillips, maybe, but that wasn't me, so I "generously" donated it to another fundraiser event. I'm sure the recipient was thrilled with it.:hug:

Last edited by znapschatz, Mar 3, 2018
    #1328 znapschatz, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    xevious likes this.
  9. znapschatz

I can't imagine why someone would want a multi-tool in camo. It looks cool, but lose it in the woods, and good luck finding it. However, it would probably be an asset in a clean room, hospital or kitchen (upscale, of course, some are a bit messy :eek: .)

xevious likes this.
  10. Demande simplement

I ask my self the same question every time I see little 3 inches Swiss Army knives and small key-chain flashlight or a wallet in Camo, what's the purpose? I guess it's just pure looks "fashion" :rolleyes:.. But if you go hunting, a Camo or Black Oxide Leatherman is better than the shiny one to avoid the sun reflection, just don't lose it!

11. znapschatz

Actually, not being a hunter, I hadn't thought about that. Makes sense.

12. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Black Oxide, I can understand. Because if you drop it you still have a decent chance of finding it. But camouflage? Good luck with that! I knew a guy who lived nearby a swatch of wilderness where the US Army would periodically train. He'd go hiking through the area after a maneuvers session was finished and periodically find things left behind, usually stuff in camo motif.

13. Hunter Don

Hunter Don Loaded Pockets

Leatherman bracelet, I had to remove a few links to use the iwatch adapter, leaving it with only 13 tools.
    [​IMG]

14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Obviously neither Navy nor AF types playing in those woods -- I'd think the blue digitized camo would be just a bit easier to find in the woods...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

xevious likes this.
  15. Clown

Clown Loaded Pockets

16. Demande simplement

17. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

Leatherman Super Tool, bought it when they first came out, currently in need of a new case. Never leave home without it.

18. znapschatz

I loved mine, carried it almost daily for 9 years until replacing it with a Charge TTi. I was properly seduced by OH blades, a big deal for me at the time, and later a Super Tool 300 for its advantages. But you never forget your first love :hug:. BTW, the case was much better than those on the "upgrades". I think it was made by Bianchi.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  19. Clown

Clown Loaded Pockets

20. Clown

Clown Loaded Pockets