1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Picture Thread

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by CheepSteal, Dec 15, 2012.

1. kpstumpf

kpstumpf Loaded Pockets

2. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

That's good advice for those who work in jobs depending on tools, but in my occupation as a photographer, tools are secondary but often necessary. I carry bags filled with photo gear on location and have no room or desire to burden myself further with a tool box, but sometimes a tool is needed. SAKs are great, and I'm never without one, but they don't work all that well for the hardware* I often carry on assignment. When I discovered the Leatherman Super Tool back in the early '90s, that was the ideal solution. It also turned out to be kind of a gateway drug, if you know what I mean (and I think you do. :D )

*Not cameras but light and background stands, prop assembly, and sometimes non-photo issues, like once a piano lid that had to be removed.

#1302 znapschatz, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  3. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Just picked this up to put in the car. Just in case I end up in a lake someday...

pacrawshaw and Kev2488 like this.
  4. Shuutr

Shuutr Loaded Pockets

5. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

My Wave. I used it last night pulling up staples from the carpet that used to cover these hardwoods.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

7. Demande simplement

Demande simplement Loaded Pockets

8. znapschatz

This is my multitool collection, both Leathermen and SAK, on my dresser top. These are the ones that work for me and that I carry daily, usually 1 or 2 at a time, mostly along with a folder. SAKs and Leathermen supplement one another. Also, I have others, previously used and either replaced or retired, that I keep for trade, sale or gifting. Some I got new at bargain prices and never used, but am hoarding for eventual resale. The Swiss Cross is on a napkin from a Swiss Day party held yearly by a friend of mine, and the Altoid boxes contain small accessories - fobs, pens, clips, mini flashlights, Bic lighters, whatnot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by znapschatz, Oct 24, 2017
    #1308 znapschatz, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    pacrawshaw likes this.
  9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

The Groucho glasses are an especially nice touch!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

10. znapschatz

Groucho glasses? Don't all glasses come with a nose? If yours did not, you should go right back to your eyeglass shop and demand your nose (I'll wait outside). :D

11. Onepoint

Onepoint Loaded Pockets

Are you kidding? Multitools in the Wave, Rebar, and Juice classes are illegal in the Land of Crocodile Dundee? That’s just insane!Please clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Onepoint

Onepoint Loaded Pockets

BTW - Besides the Squirt models, Leatherman also sells the Micra.

The Micra is Scissor centric with no pliers at all. The Squirt PS4 is plier centric with teeny tiny scissors.

I usually carry the Squirt PS4 on my keychain. Gerber’s Dimes displaced the Micras. They live in my set of EDC Bags. The Micras now live in semi retirement. :)
    In places where little tools and scissors might be of some use.

13. znapschatz

All these Leatherman keychainers have their charms, but of them, I prefer the Micra. Except for pliers, the implements are better, scissors especially, and there are more of them. The now discontinued Squirt P4 is my choice for a keychain sized tool with pliers because it has more tools on it; an awl, ruler and tiny screwdriver for glasses, all omitted on the PS4 in exchange for the next to useless tiny scissors, a bad trade, IMHO. But the Micra is, of the category, the most versatile, as demonstrated here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Micra paired with a Super Tool was my exclusive EDC for 9 years, and although the ST has been twice superseded with upgrades, the Micra remains in the rotation to this day after 20+ years.

bryan123 likes this.
  14. znapschatz

Lest we forget, Australia was initially populated by Great Britain as a penal colony, and many of the original settlers were hard case convicts. That accounts for much of the attitude of restrictions on blades now experienced by Australians, although the current population may perhaps be paying for the sins of their forebears.

15. AlteredMentalStatus

AlteredMentalStatus Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Glad to have a Skeletool again after losing one on a bike ride.

Tallboyjim and pacrawshaw like this.
  16. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Empty Pockets

I EDC the PST, even though it's older then me..[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

pacrawshaw likes this.
  17. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

Who is the manufacturer of the penlight and shears? Very nice set up!!

18. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

My father gave me a Leatherman Wave back in the late 1990's... might have been 1998. This year it went AWOL. I don't know where the hell it is. I'm normally very good about keeping track of it. Anyway, I wasn't happy about how the Wave had changed over the years, so I decided to go for a used one. They hold up so well, plus the warranty is lifetime, so for the price of a brand new Wave I now have 2 older ones in very good shape.

One of the Waves I got didn't come with a sheath. And as I was going through junk to sell off or get rid of, I came across some old Motorola flip phone compatible cases. One of them is made out of a ballistic nylon that gave me an idea...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not an elegant solution, but it actually works. The clasp is magnetic and fits between the handles. It's not an extremely strong magnet, so if you flick the case, the Wave will slide out... but is then caught by the clasp. Kinda does the job. I'll have to give the case a cleaning, though. ;)

Moshe ben David and ran23 like this.
  19. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@xevious: I like your use of the old case. Just FYI -- Amazon does have LM cases. I looked recently; prices seemed OK ~ $10

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

xevious likes this.
  20. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Now to look for my old Motorola cases.