1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Free T2 and T4

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Tesla, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Anyone own either of these? If so, I'd like your input on them.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  2. stugumby

stugumby Loaded Pockets

Own them both, good solid tools with some good and not so good features. best of all all the blades lock, great long reach phillips, decent scissors, file is short but works on wood and touch up tasks. Screwdrivers are ok, big flat head on the package opener tends to slip a bit under torque. Awl is different as it has a screw driver tip, but it will drill into wood and easily punch a hole in a belt. T-4 is a bit chunky with the pocket clip which is well done. Compared to a victorinox ranger/mountaineer etc the vic will be cheaper and have more blades/tools. Knife blade is a bit short/stubby about the same as the blade on a vic cadet, just a bit taller, not longer. Over priced by about $10. well made but as polished as a vic. good light to medium duty work horses. The T-4 pairs up well with a wave as it has the longer reach drivers.

3. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I like that the tools lock, but like @stugumby I believe they are overpriced. My inclination is to keep using my Swiza D4. My original Alox Soldier from the 80's was retired once I got the Swiza D4. I have the current Vic Soldier, but find it too large for my EDC likes--ok on a hike as it stays in the backpack, but too big for day-to-day. Thanks for helping me decide. I'll keep that $40 for beer....:giggle:

4. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I prefer the Leatherman Free T4 to my Victorinox Swiss Army knives. All the T4 tools lock firmly and appear stronger than the Vic tools. The T4 has a Phillips screwdriver which has worked well whenever I've needed it. Depending on which SAK you compare, most either lack a legit Phillips or the Phillips is center located and requires a large clearance in use.

Too, I usually prefer tools made in the USA.

5. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

When I first became aware of this line or concept, I found it very interesting.
    Unfortunately, what they have released so far, appears as a selection between chubby or fat.
    I was hoping to find a nice tool that kind of melts my SAK Cadet, primary folder and pry bar together in one nice and slim package.
    For work that would include a nice longish 2-2.5mm flathead, a bit driver, a OHO blade (preferably sheepsfoot, but the one they have is OK) and maybe, if it doesn’t add bulk; a wider flathead / pry tool /bottle opener combo tool.
    Let’s hope a T1 is in the works