1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Crunch opinions

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by NeverAnonymous, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

Looking to buy one. I played with one tonight at work, and I liked it. Just wanted to hear from the family before I pull the trigger. I'm also not dead set on it. I just think it'd be cool/nice to have.

2. Zargon

Zargon Loaded Pockets

Just thinking out loud, juggling lights and a heavy tool from personal experience is no fun,

The frog approves ;)

3. Elbæk

Elbæk Loaded Pockets

I have one. I bought it mainly because I didn't have one in my collection :)

I have carried it a few times - and used it to repair a water hose at our allotment once.

If you need the strong locking pliers, it is the tool - if not, there are imho. much more versatile tools out there for the money.

4. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

The crunch isn't THAT heavy... It's less weight than my Charge AL, and that's even less than my ST300

5. Zargon

Zargon Loaded Pockets

Well I have never held one so, but if its less then a average multitool then I say yes (a normal multitool is just about right to use for me)

The frog approves ;)

6. CarpentryHero

CarpentryHero Loaded Pockets

I've removed screws after the heads popped off with them, bended hardware straight again with it. If you remove the adjuster screw, the hole can be used as a quarter inch bit driver ;) blades good and sharp. If I was going to carry a second multitool, its definitely worth considering. I think there worth the sticker price :)

7. Scott83

Scott83 Loaded Pockets

I bought a Crunch to carry as a secondary multitool because I found myself in a lot of situations where I was using a pair of locking pliers with my Leatherman Charge. Having the extra knife is never bad, and the Crunch can handle standard 1/4" driver bits without a bit extender. Great for when you're switching between two different bits and would rather not disassemble.

nick nitro likes this.
  8. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

It's very much a specialty tool, but yeah, if you want a secondary multitool, it brings a LOT of unique abilities to the table.

nick nitro and AK Adventurer like this.
  9. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

10. Elbæk

Elbæk Loaded Pockets

The idea of carrying the Crunch as a secondary tool, is actually quite appealing.

11. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

i came close to buying one, guy was asking 55 at a gun show, brand new, i know he'd have taken less, but I just couldnt pull the trigger on it that day

12. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

I have one, it is very neat. I like it a lot. I usually carry a wave, kick, or ST300 though.

13. Daniel Buckner

Daniel Buckner Loaded Pockets

Thanks to NeverAnonymous for starting this thread, and thanks for everyone else's replies. The Crunch has been in my mind as well, though specifically as a glove box tool with a number of 1/4 inch bits for those hood-popping moments. Sounds like it might be a good move, particularly if a person is likely to carry a more mainstrem MT on one's person.

I certainly don't want to hijack the thread, but what does it not do well? For instance, would someone be better off carrying a small "real" toolkit of roughly the same space-volume instead?

14. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

I completely agree, it's not good enough as a main tool unless what you do all day is clamp and even then, to what end?

15. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Could be great for tightly holding the nut on the back side of something when turning a bolt with your main multi....

But if you are already carrying a multi anyway, that has the other functions on the crunch, IMHO it'd be pointless to carry the crunch and just carry normal 4" or 6" vice grips.

16. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

It is super compact. I'll give it that.

17. Mal Renolds

Mal Renolds Empty Pockets

Don't like it. Not enough tools.

18. Ibrahim Sarp Dogan

Ibrahim Sarp Dogan Loaded Pockets

crunch is a great unique multitool, when u get used to it, it will be easier then using regular pliers for most issues.one of my favorite edc tools.
    [​IMG]

19. P185Renegade

P185Renegade Loaded Pockets

I think you would be better off with a wave or charge or swisstool or spirit, and a small vise grip locking pliers. the crunch is not as good in the locking pliers department as a real vise grip. the tool selection in the crunch is ok, everything you need, nothing you don't, but I think a different multitool paired with a vise grip would be equally if not more versatile.

rangetroop likes this.
  20. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

What's an "allotment"?