1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman crater

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by cooper wafzig, Sep 4, 2019.

1. cooper wafzig

cooper wafzig Empty Pockets

Do any of you have one of these knives? Thinking about picking one up, was I interested in the the new free k series but I like the price point and look of the crater better. Looks to be same blade steel used. I'm wanting the c33tx. Any reviews or opinions on these MT.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Mine is the Crater C33T, the version with 2 screwdrivers and PE blade. The blade was nice, a good size and shape, and the detents tight enough to function in place of locks. I liked it well enough to carry for a few weeks, but the lack of enough tools was enough to discontinue its use. I replaced it with a Rebar, a bigger and heavier tool that I carry in a belt mounted sheath, and that's what I carry now. But circumstances change, and I like the Crater well enough that It now resides in my excess knife drawer. Maybe I'll use it again some day.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I bought one of the earliest Craters and gave it to my wife. I came across it and asked her if she used it, and she spontaneously told me I could not have it back. She's not big on pocket knives so this is the equivalent of Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch.

4. karlito
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

I've got one floating around somewhere. Decent enough knife if I remember, I probably thought (and still do) that a full size knife with screwdrivers & carabiner clip would be handy, but I would rather carry my Vic OHT in about the same size but with more tool. That said, I generally carry a plain old folder

Moshe ben David likes this.