1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman advise..

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Hectorx, Mar 23, 2009.

1. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

2. mercurial

mercurial Empty Pockets

Actually, I carry a Juice more than any other multitool, because it's the best compromise for cost, efficiency and availability. If I know I will need a tool, it's a Wave or a Charge for me, because they are the most versatile and feature packed, especially with a big set of bits. (And I really value all locking tools).

Around the house or camping, where dragging a heavy multitool around is not an issue, it's the Surge for me. In the office I have a couple of Gerbers, because people "borrow" the things from me and I need to replace them without breaking the bank. But in my murse or on my belt, the Juice is :censored: handy and pretty light. Usually a CS4, cuz my godfather always said, "Son, you need a corkscrew!"

mercurial

3. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I used to carry a Juice Pro all the time but have opted for the Charge TTi lately. The Juice tools are very versatile and with the leather Leatherman belt sheath, it can almost disappear on your belt.

I like to think of the Juice series as Leatherman SAKs. Their only flaw is that they do not have any locking blades. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly lost a finger using one. However, as long as you're mindful and don't cut in situations that might cause the blade to close, you should be fine.

A Leatherman Juice Pro with locking blades would be my ultimate multitool, well one of them. ;)

Heath

4. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

My EDC rotation includes a Juice CS4 because of its size and weight, compared to the larger Leathermen. Because of having spent decades with non-locking SAKs, I am used to non-locking blades. Handled properly, they are safe enough for light to medium cutting chores. As a SAK- size tool with really functional pliers, the Juice line has that segment of the market to itself. I wish Vic offered something similar, but they don't.

5. Hectorx

Hectorx Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all the advise, Im going to mull it over and buy something this weekend. On the upside I found my SOG Paratool, I had stashed in my hunting bag and forgot it was there.

6. Hectorx

Hectorx Loaded Pockets

Well it took me a while but I bought a Leatherman Core, packed with a Crater knife for $39.00, great deal. the Crater is so so, kind of small in the hand but I really love the Core so far, very sturdy and all the tools I need. On the upside I also found my SOG, it's now safely in the EDC bag and the Core is my daily carry tool.

7. vivek16

vivek16 Loaded Pockets

Get the core. It is much sturdier than I ever expected. This weekend I used it to cut and pound in tent stakes out of branches. All the knifes are still razor sharp after a year of use. All the tools lock, the screwdrivers are long enough to get the job done, there aren't any pieces to lose, and it has just the right assortment of tools. I don't think I could break the thing if I tried. :p

-vivek

8. Bamajay73

Bamajay73 Loaded Pockets

I have the skeletool & highly recommend it.

9. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

small: micra
    larger: sktool cx

10. smopoim86

smopoim86 Loaded Pockets

200% agree I got a Swiss Tool Spirit and there is no comparison to the quality of the leatherman. I tier above.

That said, if you want something small, leatherman squirts aren't bad. If you're really looking for a tool, the name is the least important factor.

11. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Any interest in the Leatherman Squish? Goodpants? Limpwrist? Pencilneck? They're all great tools, I'm told......

thought not ;D .