1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leather belt.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by glouglou, Aug 25, 2017.

1. glouglou

glouglou Loaded Pockets

My Mitch Rosen belt is 8 years old but still nice.
    Anywhay I'd like to order another gun leather belt. What's the Rosen Alternative? Spark?
    Please give me your advise and adress.

2. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a leather gun belt from Beltman specifically for my wedding but I like it so much I wear it on all of my "nice days." Dirty days get the duty belt treatment.
    My concern with leather belts has always been their tendency to wear at the closure point. With a few months of wear, this one obviously shows those signs but it's utility has in no way been compromised. It was about 100 bucks, nothing fancy, just a nice leather belt with brass hardware. Great quality. Quick shipping.

3. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

I have a Bigfoot gun belt and I really like it.

4. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

5. flphotog

flphotog Loaded Pockets

6. Linejudgemick

Linejudgemick Loaded Pockets

I have a couple Hank's Amish Gun Belts I like.

Ben bigwood likes this.
  7. Hussar305

Hussar305 Loaded Pockets

I have heard plenty of great things about Beltmans belts. I have one from TT Gunleather. I have worn it every day for the last 3 years and it still looks brand new.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

8. flphotog

flphotog Loaded Pockets

9. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

My favorite belts are all from Cabelas. I stopped using leather belts.

10. SOS24
    • +1 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

A Better Belt makes really nice leather belts where you can specify exactly how stiff you want it and different hole spacing options.

kukla likes this.
  11. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

I have a Beltman belt but I am now using one from Bigfoot Belts and it's a much nicer belt that is also cheaper.

12. Mikhail Weiss

Mikhail Weiss Loaded Pockets

My wife gave me a Kore Gun Belt some time ago, and I really like it a lot. It looks good and provides lots of adjustment. No, it's not as solid a weight-bearing device as a custom leather belt I bought years ago, but it's perfectly sufficient for the Glock 19 I usually tote.

13. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

my first "competition rig" for USPSA was a Milt Sparks 1AT and a Sparks fancy stitched belt.... the rig was used for about 5 years, and then I switched to a synthetic belt and kydex holster... the fancy stitched belt was my daily wear for 25 years in the classroom

14. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Good experiences with the Beltman stuff here. I need a buckle free for work, which not everybody makes. Very stiff and nice looking. In your search for a great belt, my #1 recommendation is to go with a multi-layer one.

15. Jeff Sprankle

Jeff Sprankle Loaded Pockets

I'm also shopping around and looking at the Hank's Gunner Belts on Amazon. Anyone have experience with them? Great prices and good looking...how do they stand up?

16. yar1182

yar1182 Loaded Pockets

For CCW i highly recommend the akers ccw belt. it has a plastic insert on one side (right or left depending on orientation) that really helps keep the IWB holster in place and from flexing or shifting during a draw. a plastic stiffener is common in competition quick draw rigs.

https://www.amazon.com/Aker-Leather-B21-Concealed-Carry/dp/B001TOC8HY?th=1&psc=1

For a general range belt I like the safariland els competition. The ELS is shooting competition oriented with quick detachsystem to configure your belt for the course of fire. 3 gun is my primary discipline so switching config to pistol, shotgun, rifle, or combinations of the 3 without taking the belt off my waist is faster and easier.

17. BillSXT2002

BillSXT2002 Loaded Pockets

I have been using Beltman belts for a couple of years, with jeans and suits. They have held up well, and they feel like quality leather.

18. CL01

CL01 Loaded Pockets

I've used Liger belts for over 10 yrs (Not leather), but changed over to a ratcheting leather belt over a yr ago & really like that system. I got a Kore gun belt first & then later a Nexbelt gun belt. The Nexbelt, IMHO, is better made. Other than that, many of the suggestions are very good.