1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leapers UTG sling pack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by hig789, Sep 2, 2011.

1. hig789

hig789 Loaded Pockets

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Leapers-UTG-Tactical--6043

I recently bought one of these at a local gun show for $20 along with a universal Velcro type strap/holster that goes into the inner pocket for CCW transport on a long trip. I have only used it on our recent vacation and have since thought about carrying it every day. Does anyone have first hand experience with this bag? I know the maxpedition bags are great bags, but I mainly bought this one for a range bag. So maybe a maxpedition is in my future when this one craps out on me.

2. DYatesPhoto

DYatesPhoto Loaded Pockets

Looks just like a versipack....I'll be interested to see a review *hint hint*...good pick up!

3. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I've got one. There are several members here who do. I loved mine while I was using it. I ended up reducing my load and bought a Packrat as my EDC bag now.

4. hig789

hig789 Loaded Pockets

Overall from the short time I have used it, it is a very sturdy bag. Heavy duty zippers. Cordura construction. Has a draw string rain flap over the main compartment. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Overall I like it and the universal holster holds my XD subcompact and my M&P full-size great. I would like to compare it a maxpedition to see the differences. Sorry for crappy iPhone pics.

5. freeride

freeride Loaded Pockets

From those pictures, there doesn't seem to be a difference. It's probably made from inferior materials, but if it works, it works.

6. hig789

hig789 Loaded Pockets

It can handle a heavy load relatively easy, have had 600 rounds of 9mm and 2 full sized pistols and rest of my range gear.

The Leapers bag is made from cordura, the same as the Versipack. Has heavy duty zippers, same as the Versipack. Taped seams and padding, same as the Versipack. The only difference I have found is that the Versipack comes treated with Dupont Teflon fabric protector, and I had some in the cabinet I used on my hunting blind(that repelled a full down pour during turkey season) so I went ahead and treated my bag too. Also both are made offshore, Leapers is from China and Maxpedition is from Taiwan. The more I look into this bag compared to the Maxpedition I'm finding it is the same bag with a different name on it for a 1/3 of the price. Don't look like I'll be buying a Maxpedition, I already got one with a different label on it.

7. airwayguru

airwayguru Loaded Pockets

I bought the bag when it first came out and the shoulder strap seam came undone and since then been using Maxpedition. At first it was a great bag for a few months. Carried what I needed without any problems unitl the seam issue.

8. hafpit

hafpit Loaded Pockets

I've had mine for almost 7 months and I'm happy with it.
    I gave one to my son to use as a diaper/baby bag.

9. hig789

hig789 Loaded Pockets

In a few months this is probably what mine is going to be converted to.

10. carguy4471

carguy4471 Loaded Pockets

For the price it's hard to argue with giving one of these a try!! Thanks for throwing up the link!

11. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

I always find it interesting/amusing that if something is very similar to a Maxpedition product, but at a much lower price, then it automatically is made from inferior materials. While there may be those of us that have the "lesser" quality item when compared to the Maxped, it does not mean it is in fact, inferior. Over the years I have purchased many items that were considered "knockoffs", but in reality were just as good, if not better, in quality...especially when price is part of the equation. Members will complain that "this seam came undone" or that a "zipper quit working", only to find they had been using the item for months/years and had it stuffed to the gills with kit. Yes, there are products out there that are in no way as well made as some of the name brands, but for many of us, they suit our purposes just fine. Also, if you can buy one at one half or one third the price, when it wears out in a few years, you can buy a brand new one and still have not spent as much as you would have on a Maxped or some other "name" brand. Just my .02....

12. hafpit

hafpit Loaded Pockets

Good luck with that! ;D

13. hig789

hig789 Loaded Pockets

yeah i figure i'll probably be buying a bigger bag for that use. going to start trying soon, so am getting in plenty of practice.:agree:

14. O.F.Fascist

O.F.Fascist Loaded Pockets

Whenever possible I avoid buying goods made in Communist China. I'd rather pay more if that money goes to Taiwan or any other country but China.

15. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

Here is my take on "tactical nylon". For shoulder packs, pouches and other non-weight-bearing equipment, I think you can get by with cheaper stuff. This bag is a perfect example. For packs, vests, etc., I am going to spend more.