1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Latest addition Mini Mitylite from pelican

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by chico13, Mar 18, 2012.

1. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

cant believe its discontinued but its a cool little light
    [​IMG]

2. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

They really needed to update them to LED didn't they
    A 5mm led and a driver similar to the ARC AAA or CMG infinity would have brought it up to date

The mitylite and mini mitylite are great little lights, I used to have both

3. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

4. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Longtime fan of all things Pelican. I like the (apparent) replacement for the Mini MityLite, the 1 x AAA 1910 LED, with its pocket clip and clicky. But, would have liked to see greater runtime than the advertised 1-hour, maybe by trading-off couple of the advertised 39 lumens (which I assume, but don't know, are not OTF lumens).

[​IMG]

5. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

39 lumens and 1 hour runtime from a single AAA? That had better be OTF lumens! And I'm not impressed if they don't offer 2 other output levels as well.

I used to be a fan of Pelican flashlights, 25 years ago, but their stagnation and mediocre advancements has had me buying other flashlights. And getting more lumens, more features, and longer runtimes for less money. I guess waterproof iPod cases are more important to them these days.

Dave

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

6. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

A lot of pelican's products are Intrinsically safe/hazardous area rated.
    The testing for these ratings is expensive, and takes a while to do, by which time every other manufacturer has gotten away from them.
    Due to the plastic shells of most of their lights they can't run their LEDs to hard either.

They do make good solid reliable lights though, i loved my M11 (till I lost the charger) and I still keep a sabre lite in the boot of the car.

I may purchase one of their new rechargeable led models to mount permanently when I get a new car too