1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Last thing you illuminated (used your flashlight)?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by DIlan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

Pizza in the oven. Has a few more minutes left

2. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Walls at a house I was inspecting.

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

4. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Patiet eyes during a neurological exam

5. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Inside of a car door panel trying to diagnose a faulty door lock actuator.

6. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I was in a crawlspace when my Nitecore MH 20 died on me. It would seem it has developed a short. Second Nitecore to fail on me. Done with that brand. I just ordered an Olight S2 Baton and an S1R Turbo S during their Halloween sale. Hopefully I will have better luck with this brand.

#146 sarge1967, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    turbo6, Johnnyk and G39 like this.
  7. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

I just got my SMini Ti from the same sale. Snagged the 99% off on a I3 EOS as well too. Best ten cent light I’ve ever bought.

I have a few Olights and I use them regularly and I’m not easy on them. I gather if I get 5 years out of them I’m good. That seems to be what I get from just about any brand or price light.

FWIW, I am just as hard on my nitecore lights and they hold up fine. Sorry to hear of your story.

My S1R and my sons are both chugging along fine. It’s small and powerful. Great choice and they carry easy. All I have other than great lights is I have three cells made for the S1R and two are perfect and the third performs slightly better so I keep that one in the light.

sarge1967 likes this.
  8. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I ordered one of those little I3's as well. .10 cents is CRAZY! I am going to gift that one to my 19 year old daughter who is in college. She can attach it to her keys and she will always have a light.

9. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I used a Xtar RC2 “Moon” clipped to my shirt when I opened the covers of my Kenwood amateur radio transceiver to fix a mistake made at the factory: the two fans were installed backwards! This is a common problem for units of this model that left the factory a few years ago, bizarrely enough.

I’m grateful the RC2 clip-on light was put together correctly! The perfect amount of neutral light and a sturdy clip help make this light an indispensable value at under $20.

Water-Rat likes this.
  10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Which radio?

I built an XBand repeater recently and could not see any markings on the fan I chose at all so I powered it up and it almost took my finger off!
    We ended up using it outside at an event and you could feel the breeze from 15' away,a 4" fan!

11. jdcarpe

jdcarpe Empty Pockets

Sounds like the TS-590S to me. It was a common problem with that model.

12. Scoman

Scoman Loaded Pockets

Crap that had fallen from the car when I was loading it up on Sun night. Pico.

13. NorthernHarrier

TS-590sg

14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks
    Seems like a pretty stupid mistake.

NorthernHarrier likes this.
  15. NorthernHarrier

Yes, I agree. It was shocking to me that many units went out the factory door in that condition. Makes me worry about what else might be wrong...it's a shame because generally the TS-590SG has a great reputation and reviews - which is why I bought one. Other than that, though, it's been great - working FT8 now on weekends from a stick antenna on my apartment balcony.

16. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I went with a 746Pro which of course has its own set of stupid issues!

NorthernHarrier likes this.
  17. A-MAC

A-MAC Banned

The wall this morning to make sure my light for the day still worked and didn’t need a new battery before I left the house.

Last night and just about every night, the back yard when I take the dog out.

18. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

That's always a good habit A-MAC, I accidentally forgot to put a fresh battery in my carry light the other day and carried an empty light. Oops. Oh, well, I didn't need it and I had two other lights with me anyways. Lol.

Last night, I used my Zebralight h53c on it's headband when taking out the trash, and my Nitecore MT2A to light up the bunnies whose eyes I spotted shining in the light from the Zebralight.

Used my Nitecore tonight briefly when crossing a parking lot. Nice light to warn away drivers with.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  19. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Last night, I was at a rehearsal at a church and had to park a couple blocks away. I used my zebralight H53c attached to the strap on my Vanquest Envoy for hands free lighting while walking on a nasty sidewalk that had be made dangerous by tree roots. The Zebralight was also used to illuminate a room that had no apparent lighting, to find a light switch, and in strobe mode to warn a driver of my presence while putting things in my car.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  20. Gary Weinheimer

Gary Weinheimer Loaded Pockets

I use a flash light every night to light my way into the bedroom so I don't wind up :censored: over tea kettle. In my defense I'm still using a cane part time and really need it at night after a day of walking and rehab. Last night I used a simple mini-mag.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk