1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Last thing you illuminated (used your flashlight)?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by DIlan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. The Essential Illuminator

The Essential Illuminator Loaded Pockets

Used my TN42vn last night to spot a deer from about 150 yards away so my Husky, CAPO, could see him!

If my eyes were good enough I could spot a deer, fox ect. from much, much further away,,like 1 mile!:D

On a side note, CAPO is 6.5 years old and we have hiked over 13.5K miles. Our goal is to literally walk around the world, which I feel we can do because Husky's live a long life for a larger Dog. At the pace we are going[7 miles/day] we should reach our goal when he is 11.5 years old.

EDIT: Speaking of Deer. That is what he was looking at [across the field] in the picture below! A profile picture,,definitely in my top 5 pictures that I have taken of him.

[​IMG]

#101 The Essential Illuminator, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    ScottB, Mark_Trail, sungame and 6 others like this.
  2. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Leaking hot water tank. :(

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Hate to tell you, but you might as well be shopping for a replacement. These things usually get worse, not better. Often times suddenly and catastrophically. I used to sell flooring; made many a sale to someone who waited too long to replace the hot water heater!

Good luck.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

surefire7 and twoisone like this.
  4. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

The innards of my 75l North Face duffel bag, looking for a pair of shorts.

5. Bdon

Bdon Loaded Pockets

Hotel room. Used my olight H1R as a nightlight in the hotel room. Left it on all night on moonlight mode. Worked like a charm.

Water-Rat and PragmaticMurphyist like this.
  6. eugenechia1989

eugenechia1989 Loaded Pockets

A young reticulated python swallowing a pigeon. Was hanging off a ladder in a canal and was quite a distance away. Despite having a flood-type beam, my Nitecore EA11's 900 lumens proved to be more than up to the task.

7. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Just saw this. Sorry! Good advice and I kind of realized the same thing so shut it down and got a new one the same day. I didn't need the catastrophic failure. Thanks for the advice.

8. ScottB

ScottB Loaded Pockets

I used my Malkoff MDC 2xAA to light up some items I was counting late last night for inventory.

9. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I was lifeguarding at a pool I hadn't been to before today and the pump room was kind of in a little basement under a staircase. As I could not find a light switch or any other lighting options in the pump room, I grabbed my Nitecore MT2A from my pack to check out the pumps and look for pool equipment and supplies in the back of the room.

10. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets

Walking on the beach last night looking at ghost crabs with my daughter while we were waiting on the ferry to take us back to the house.

11. vadsoom

vadsoom Loaded Pockets

I'm in the Philippines in a location with intermittent power due to an earthquake two weeks ago. What am I using my flashlight to illuminate? Stinkin' everything!

12. Noahsdad86

Noahsdad86 Empty Pockets

I work in a power plant so I use my Olight S10R Baton almost daily to look inside poorly lit cabinets. I would be lost without it. Or using a crappy cellphone light.

13. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

In a store parking lot, a lady was looking on the ground for some small charms that fell off a necklace using only the lights from store. I was able to help her find one using my flashlight.

Norseman likes this.
  14. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Final feeding of the feral fur tribe.

I would hate to think how many lumens are pressed into service on a daily basis to further the safety, comfort and general happiness of the feral, domestic, and hybrid fur children.

ATB,
    Sam

15. ChibiM

ChibiM Empty Pockets

The last thing I illuminated was "myself".
    I used my Acebeam K40M as a video light, and my "BLF ReyLight Titanium Flashlight 3*Nichia" as a fill. I had no other options and it worked out pretty well. I had to do a short video intro of myself, and this worked very well.

I think (soon) the flashlights can be used more often as a Video/photography light without having to haul around a 50 pounds case with portable video lighting.

16. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

my bathtub. My 18 month old's new favorite thing is a little waterproof pelican light. He yells "lighhhht!" and that's our cue to turn on his glowing rubber ducks, give him the flashlight, and turn off the room lights. Makes it a little naked baby disco party!

Water-Rat and Moshe ben David like this.
  17. Cardboard_Robot

Cardboard_Robot Empty Pockets

I was just out doing rounds at work and felt something scoot across my boot. I shed some light on a chubby brown toad with my Olight S Mini.

Water-Rat likes this.
  18. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

My ac unit freezing up the other day

19. mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr Loaded Pockets

My bedroom hallway.

I'm testing out different carry lights.

20. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

Lake Michigan