1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Last thing you illuminated (used your flashlight)?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by DIlan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Same thing this morning at about 1:20 am. Another outage. Another 14 hours.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

ran23 likes this.
  2. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I’m a mailman for schools so lots of light needed everyday for finding alarm panels and door locks at 64 locations. Schools are dark anytime of the year and just going to get worse. (Or better for us flashaholics,)

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Nightly routine: using a NiteCore Tube to navigate the darkened lower level of the house from my 'office ;) ' to the stairs to the bedroom....

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

4. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Went on a short summer vacation (Covid-19 killed our original plans, had to find something quick and "just in time") last week.

Wife complained that she couldn't find her way to the bathroom during the night in the hotel room, and wanted to keep the light in the bathroom on, which would prevent me (facing the hallway in line-of-sight of the bathroom of course) from sleeping.

Out of the hiking bag came the Decathlon Forclaz OnNight 100 head-lamp with its sufficiently red-light mode providing enough light for madame to navigate and did not disturb my sleep.

This time i was lucky as I've got a "thumbs up" by her for being well equipped ... I think we are making progress in man/woman communications :smile_coffee:

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I recall as a kid that when making car trips we actually packed a plug-in nite light. Wouldn't do it if weight or space was an issue (e.g., plane travel), but car? Heck, why not? Worst problem could be forgetting to repack it when leaving the motel/hotel/....

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  6. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

The last thing was a bit of distant railway line, for no other reason than seeing how far my Lumintop GT Mini would throw. (Quite a long way, as it turns out!)

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  7. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

A family of skunks that have been hanging around the back door in order to chase them off.

8. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I used an Energizer Hardcase 2AA flashlight when fixing a leaking sink drain. It was located inside a bathroom vanity which was dark.

9. BigGreenTick

Friday one of my guys left his car keys in the building. I had to navigate several pitch black labs to help him track them down.

Bonus...he asked for suggestions on getting an EDC light. I gave him an extra Tool AA to serve as a stopgap.

10. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

That's called a teaser and getting him on the hook as a future flashaholics - good job! :cool:

Maybe next time you "drop" that there a sites like EDCForums, BLF or CPF to learn more :D

11. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

We had a 19 hour power outage yesterday due to high winds. We used our flashlights for about everything while moving around and our Streamlight Siege AA lanterns for ambient lighting. I used my Olight i3T EOS on my ballcap all night. The 5 lume setting was great for reading in bed.

12. DSRacing

DSRacing Loaded Pockets

How was the battery life with the Siege AA, did it last through the outage? I have a D cell Siege but I'm looking for something smaller for around the house to use as emergency lighting also.

13. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

We only ran them for about 6-7 hours on the low setting (we have 4 in the house) and the light was still green. I use Eneloops in most of our gear that needs batteries and have backup cells as well so I don't think about it much. However, I believe the claimed runtimes at the different levels can be found on Streamlight's website. These are way better than the oil and candle lanterns we used to use.

DSRacing likes this.
  14. BigGreenTick

Jump started my neighbors car. Stuck a Larry Light clone to the hood to light up the engine compartment.