1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Last thing you illuminated (used your flashlight)?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by DIlan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

BIG :censored: opossum running for the fence line with a mouse in its mouth.

ATB,
    Sam

2. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

My kitchen floor discovering the vomit thst the cats left for me overnight for me to find. Also last night in the front yard testing out my new Princeton Tec Vizz, which is a nice headlamp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

We had some very heavy rains tonight and a flash flood alert so I had to keep an eye on the creek in the back of my house. Plus our shed is close by as well so I had to make sure nothing was going to get ruined. My friend stores a few of his extra supplies from his plumbing business back there so didn't want to see any of his stuff get swept away downstream either.

Of course he drove over quickly to make sure nothing would be taken by the current. Between him, myself, my wife and my son we used a BLF Q8, Thorfire C8s, and the Atactical A1 - none of which I've ever tested in an extremely heavy downpour.

All of us were in our rain gear and we probably spent about an hour outside. I've never seen rain like this since I've lived here, so we monitored the creek and backyard to make sure nothing needed to be moved or transported. Our creek, which is normally slow moving looked like white water rapids, rising above the bridge, flooding the yard.

The rain finally tapered off, just in time though. Water was starting to come near our cars and the shed but finally started to recede. We joked around a bit thinking we should blow up some of our rafts and ride the rapids.

All the lights passed the water test with flying colors, though. They held up great in the heavy rain. Although the rain and wind was just so bad at times that visibility was poor no matter what. Each one works fine after being thoroughly soaked. It was pretty amusing to see all the junk that was floating by as our backyard creek is likely a couple of miles long, stretching behind many other houses in the neighborhood. Balls, coolers, umbrellas, driftwood, logs...all sorts of stuff floating by.

4. eugenechia1989

eugenechia1989 Loaded Pockets

Was pumping my tyres the other day. I'm in the habit of holding the valve cap in one hand and pressing the nozzle (or whatever that thing is called, the head of the air hose?) onto the valve with the other. I've done this many times with no issue. This time around, for some reason (which I cannot remember), I transferred the nozzle to the same hand as the valve cap, and did a flinging motion with my arm to straighten out the hose. I felt my fingers let something go... Guess what it was.

Yep, used my torchlight to try to locate the little black thing. Luckily I found it. I don't suppose Peugeot charges that much for a little valve cap, it would probably cost more to fix a scratch or even a dent if I'd let the nozzle go instead and it slammed into the side of the van...

Moshe ben David and turbo6 like this.
  5. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

Just when I thought we've had enough rain for the summer, we got hit with yet another storm. Lots of thunder and lightning. Unlike the past few storms over the last couple of weeks, this time we actually lost power from about 10 pm to 4 am.

My wife and I grabbed a few random lights from the drawer and went to assess the situation. I had a Thorfire C8s while she had an old Fenix E25. The power appeared to be out for the entire end of the street.

I set up a Fenix E12 on low in my son's room to bounce some light off the ceiling in case he woke up.

The moonlight mode on the C8s was perfect for maneuvering around the house. The last thing I had to tend to was 2 nearly dead cell phones. The battery was low to start with on the Thorfire so I put that back in the drawer and set up my Q8 on moonlight.

Thankfully my Anker powerbank was fully charged so my wife's phone used that while I hooked my phone up to a Zanflare C4 and used that as a charger.

Overall it was a pretty brief outage, but I'm glad I had several lights ready to go.

6. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I've been using my Zebralight H53c a lot recently. I used it a lot yesterday to put away the Christmas decorations in the attic. There are lights up there, but they don't help much when your body is between the light and what you are looking at, so the headlamp came in handy. Today, I used it to replace one of the lightbulbs up in the attic. Later today, I used the zebralight tail standing on the floor at the bottom of a closet while putting away groceries. Again, plenty of light in the room and the closet, but not at floor level in the bottom cubby area.

7. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

I've used my Maratac 18650 a few times over the last few days. Once for taking-apart a bathroom ceiling exhaust-fan for cleaning, and I needed illumination to see the housing-screws. Also, for use in a dark-closet. Then for a lonely, nightwalk down to the dumpster, in the rain. Then used my little Fenix PD22 for double-checking the wash-machine tub to make sure it was fully emptied, upon leaving.

[​IMG]

Water-Rat likes this.
  8. Jedi5150

Jedi5150 Loaded Pockets

I used an issued Streamlight (the big ones) last night on a K9 track. I've decided I'm done with these big Streamlights (they do make excellent impact weapons...better than an ASP). They always die on me no matter how charged I have them, and the bulbs grow dimmer over time, even with fully charged batteries. I was frankly embarrassed with how bad my light has gotten last night. And this one isn't even mine, it's one I acquired recently...they change hands often. Now I'm in the market for a good smaller and brighter rechargeable.

9. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Have you a brand and model in mind yet? There's certainly a lot to choose from hey.

10. Jedi5150

Jedi5150 Loaded Pockets

Nope, nothing decided yet. I did a little reading today and I'm curious about Sunwayman, so I might look into them a bit more. My primary requirement is it has to be rechargeable. Ideally I'd like it to be able to use the 123's as a back-up, but it looks like quite a few companies offer that feature, so that doesn't help narrow it down. I'd also prefer it to be LED. Run time has to be at least 1.5 hours (ballpark) on the brightest setting.

11. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

I enlightened my neighbor when I showed him my D4

12. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Empty batteries all over the place ...

A while ago: car under the hood with my TH20 headlamp to find the batteries (it's a :censored: to remove those frozen plastic battery covers with cold hands! :furious:) to connect the jumper cables - friends car was found with an empty battery when he returned to it after a party - forgot to turn off ALL lights.

Button cell-type batteries (those are really small) in my DMM to read the imprint to know which exact type to order as replacement.

Some parts of the near-by forest in a short SAR task. Found the human quickly and in good condition. He was in no danger but forgot to tell he will stay outside for a little longer and - surprise - his smartphone was empty without him noticing so he missed those "Where are you?" calls from his better half. I guess he got some "heat" after returning home :bounce:

Water-Rat and That Movie Guy like this.
  13. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I used my Zebralight h53c in the attic today to put a little light on the subject while driving screws into rafters to use as hangers for Christmas decorations. Such a handy little work light/headlamp.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  14. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Well I had to plug in a USB mouse to my computer so I used the flash light I keep on the computer desk. It's nothing special but it works. Just a simple, cheap Hyper tough 2 AAA cell pen light [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Loaded Pockets

My attic and ceiling. Thing I got a leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I feel for you. I have a couple now myself; including one HUGE hole squirrels seem to have dug through shingles over the porch. So now the attic is a squirrel colony... :(

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Low_Speed likes this.
  17. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

It was super windy here today. I used my Klarus XT1A to go hunting for one of our recycle cans that had blown away. It didn't go far, but was under the neighbor's truck and would have been impossible to see without the light.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Navigating the dark lower levels of the house from one light switch to the next.....

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  19. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Loaded Pockets

Thanks. The worst thing is that this is new roof. Just had it done in August. Hope you are able to get yours fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

Changed the rear brake pads on the car in my garage with a Nitecore Tup clipped to my hat.