1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Last keychain/edc tool you lost?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by mrpink, May 9, 2011.

1. mrpink

mrpink Banned

just lost my leatherman style cs..... :'( it was an impulse buy but i used it WAY more than i thought i would. pretty much my most used item on my keychain and around the house. i was shocked at how many times scissors would be more suitable for my cutting needs. its only $20 but since i used it so much i feel like i took a huge loss. but i t really got me to respect leatherman products. this particular model was $20 but it felt solid all around. I think im gonna upgrade and get the skeletool with 154cm blade before i replace it though.

2. MikeySnyder

MikeySnyder Loaded Pockets

I EDC a Squirt P4, but i also own a Skeletool CX. I absolutely love both of them. You wont be disappointed with your Skeletool if you get it! One caution though, i havent had problems with mine, but when researching it to buy it, i read that they break a lot. Apparently the handles cant handle that much torque, and snap. Again no problems with mine.... but its atleast something to consider. I also dont use my CX that much.

3. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

SOG micron. It's a small keychain knife. I put it down somewhere, could remember where, and has never turned up since. I've got the feeling I might have accidentally thrown it into the bin along with some other things.

4. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

Thought I lost my Bermuda triangle Atwood at super walmart. You have never seen me so sad. Turned up in the dark depths of my car. Phew!!!!!!!

5. mrpink

mrpink Banned

:censored:, that sucks to hear, maybe ill just get another style cs. we'll see.

6. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had the plier jaws snap off my Skeletool. Upside is LM relaced it (with a repaired one that was not mine). Sound familiar to any DPx folks? I turned around and flipped it for something else.

7. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

i gave my wife my only atwood mini prybaby plus xl and she lost it. really bummed out about that one.

8. burnd4life

burnd4life Loaded Pockets

I feel your pain, well almost. The GF lost my SAK Huntsman Plus over the weekend (she wanted to use the toothpick), I asked for it back a few hours later and just got a blank stare. (sigh)

9. mrpink

mrpink Banned

what punishments were dished out?

10. ryan34

ryan34 Empty Pockets

Today at work i thought i had lost my preon 2 and my kershaw junkyard dog. But then my luck changed when i found my kershaw somehow it was hanging upside from something at work i guess it snagged it and pulled it right out (but i didnt feel it pull and i know it was in my pocket ). Then i found my preon 2 in my car on the floor in back it must just slid right out of my pocket. It was a dangerous day for edc items for me i guess lol

11. Sympa

Sympa Loaded Pockets

The last thing I lost was the Grimlok I was using to clip my keys to my belt loop. It wasn't a very big loss, I'm just happy I didn't lose the rest of my keys.

12. malamalama

malamalama Loaded Pockets

A few months ago, I lost my Photon Freedom light. It just fell off the keychain, never to be seen again. While it was a bummer, I remember hoping that if someone found it, they would appreciate it and give a good home.

13. MikeySnyder

MikeySnyder Loaded Pockets

Thats exactly what i was talking about. Thats good LM replaced it for you though, i wasnt aware they did that. Dont blame ya for flipping it either....

14. deanosaur

deanosaur Loaded Pockets

My IMCO supertriplex 6700 lighter seems to have grown 2 feet and walked out on me. :(

Might order a new one in a week or two if i don't find it.

15. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

Theres been a few close calls with me ALMOST loosing flashlights.
    They always turn back up, but I have since inserted a small piece of paper wrapped around the battery in the tube with my name, number, email and return address, hoping if it is lost an honest person will find it and return it.
    I know I personally couldn't keep an item I found if there was an owners info with it.

16. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

This may not qualify as "losing" it but, I was going through airport security and hadn't thought about my SOG Micro Toolclip until it landed it the tray. TSA snatched it up. I had carried it for over 10 years.

On the upside, I replaced it with a Leatherman Juice S2 which was much more useful to me. I've been carrying Juice models ever since.

17. treesloth

treesloth Empty Pockets

Seems like a lighter that's over 2 feet tall should be easy to find.

http://instantrimshot.com/

18. stugumby

stugumby Loaded Pockets

Lost a swiss sd classic that I got when I retired from army back in 2003, its somewhere under the seat in my toyota yaris. It went between the seat and the console, where a evil air duct lurks under the seat to catch the unwary pocket drops. Gave up the search and bought another and added pocket pull loop from walmart camping section to make it easier to grip from pocket. Somewhere in the back yard is a ontario mil spec pocket knife the wife was using to cut some garden string. It will no doubt mangle the mower later this summer!!

19. airsickness

airsickness Loaded Pockets

Mine went back for factory replacement 3 times for the pliers breaking. They are particularly thin at the wire cutter. I was twisting copper wire and it just snapped. They are very vulnerable to any sideload or twisting motion. I no longer use them at work. It is a nice tool used within its limits though. I have a Charge TTi that I love, love, love!

20. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I've had the exact same experience with my Preon 2! I'm lucky enough that I haven't actually lost anything yet, though. I always find it somewhere... *knocks on wood*