1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Larkspur Strap Problem

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Yek4, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

After finally deciding to get a Larkspur (I had some reservations) I finally got one. I'm pretty happy with it and I think it'll turn out to be a good bag for me. However I have a small problem.

[​IMG]

That strap dangles awkwardly in the middle of my chest. I don't want to sew it or make any changes because I want the strap to still be adjustable. If I order a shoulder pad could I tuck this under there and hide it? Would it stay? Not even sure if it is long enough.

Thought about using a web dominator but pretty sure that won't work. How do you guys fix this?

2. jma78

jma78 Loaded Pockets

It looks like the shoulder strap is from 1,5" or 2" webbing so the web dominator wont work as those are only for 1" webbing.

Two possible solutions come to my mind;

1. Roll up the excessive webbing and tape it, or;

2. Use an elastic strapkeeper.. I´m not sure if they make those either, in that size..

Heck, i can make you an elastic strapkeeper if you are not able to find one big enough. Just cover the shipping costs (1-2$) and we´re square.

3. tappan

tappan Loaded Pockets

You could weave it backwards over the top of the triglide and through lower edge of the triglide and let it hang that way.
    Err.. image to illustrate what I am saying:

[​IMG]

That way it wouldn't look as odd. (but it would still be adjustable if you needed it)
    I think an elastic strapkeeper would be best though.

4. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Not sure what an elastic strapkeeper looks like. Is that the bike innertube?

5. The Outlaw Kyle

The Outlaw Kyle Empty Pockets

I think you just need to slide the D-ring all the way to the end of the adjustor strap. That's what I did with mine, works fine.

6. jma78

jma78 Loaded Pockets

7. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

Move the triglide out.If it sits on your collarbone you can try to run it back through or make a small fold and tape/ranger band/elastic band it.

8. freeride

freeride Loaded Pockets

Put a rubber band around it, at least temporarily.

9. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

WORKED PERFECTLY! Seriously, I feel pretty dumb for not thinking of that myself.

10. silver x0ne

silver x0ne Empty Pockets

man that doesn't look very comfortable with no pad of any kind =\

11. sloopy70

sloopy70 Loaded Pockets

I'll try to get a pic up soon, but I ordered a Larkspur, a Neat Freak, and an edc organizer... What worked out awesomely was that the Neat Freak comes with a shoulder pad (which its so small that it doesn't need one since it can't carry much weight) that just velcros off of the strap, and even though its made for the slightly smaller neat freak strap it still fits perfectly on the larkspur strap... I'll post pics soon...

12. The Outlaw Kyle

The Outlaw Kyle Empty Pockets

No worries, glad it worked Sometimes, one just needs a different perspective.