1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Largest pistol in a Fatboy?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by iamsalomon, Jul 23, 2012.

1. iamsalomon

iamsalomon Loaded Pockets

Hi All,
    After the recent events in Colorado I have been thinking of upgrading my firearm (snubnose revolver)to a high capacity 9mm. Given the size and weight of these firearms I think I will have to resort to the ole Maxped Fatboy for carry. Does anyone know if it will fit something like a Beretta 92 or similar in the ccw pocket?

Best wishes,
    John

2. SSol

SSol Loaded Pockets

is it going in the CCW pocket? if so then with large hands I had a problem in getting out a G19. A G26 is a bit better. if you move up in size to a Jumbo then it can easily hold a Beretta 92 with no difficulty drawing it.

3. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

You have a good point there,iamsalomon.

If only 5% of those moviegoers were CCW-prepared, that tragedy would have had a radically different ending!

4. iamsalomon

I think that ccw holders have to take a good look at our carry systems because you never know where and when some crazed lunatic is going to do something stupid.

5. iamsalomon

The problem I have with the jumbo is that its a little too big for my tastes; wide especially. I essentially carry a very minimal edc in my pockets of my cargo pants. The bag would mainly be to carry the gun.

6. jay67son

jay67son Loaded Pockets

i don't see why any of the double stacked polymer guns wouldn't fit like for instance a 4.5" xdm with 19 round mags. i don't have a fat boy but from what i remember of them it should fit easily. if not the 3.8 xdm has an extended mag that holds 19 as well

7. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Recently switched to vests....worth a look.
    Righthanded, so crossdraw....0900 horizontal position.

Too easy to set a bag aside, for just a moment.
    Vest? never comes off, until bedtime.

JMO.

8. iamsalomon

Thanks, this is good info.

9. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Who you calling fat?

10. kynwatch

kynwatch Loaded Pockets

I don't know about the fatboy, but an XDm 45 doesn't fit in the jumbo well. It sticks up noticeably when using universal ccw holster from Maxpedition at a good angle for drawing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

11. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

12. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Yeah....but unless it's a government building, or @ my jobsite, I can't read those signs so well I am ignoring their lil signs.
    Judged by 12; not carried by 6.

13. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

What about this equation. Spotted carrying by 1, arrested by 2 (or more), judged by 12, and loss of CCW privileges. I do hold them to the letter of the law though. There is a restaurant I frequent here in Memphis. Thats is posted on the main door, but not on the carry out entrance. So guess which door I use? For it to be a valid posting int TN it has to be on all entrances.

14. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

i agree 200%.
    also, bear in mind that if you have a bunch of stuff in the main compartment of the Fatboy, it will make it that much more difficult to get your hand into the CCW pocket.
    i also found that adding a stitched seam the entire length of the CCW compartment zipper (and 1/8" above it) added enough rigidity to that area to make the opening & closing of the zipper much more positive, as there is a lot of flexibility in that area prior to the seam addition.

15. iamsalomon

Is the Remora more suited for the likes of a 1911?

16. jma78

jma78 Loaded Pockets

Like the unfortunate events in Aurora proved, that kind of stuff can happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace...

So... If you are upgrading your arsenal to be better prepared, then why not add a compact weapon light in your pistol, as well.. I don´t know if the lights come on at the movie theater when that maniac started shooting, but if they didn´t, i doubt that a handgun would be much use in dark.

17. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Yours is the voice of reason.
    Curious: is that restaurant 'Huey's'?
    I also use the non-sign carryout entrance, when we visit Middle Son, who lives in that area!

18. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Voice of reason only when needed. I do my best to avoid places that are posted. The restaurant in question is Pei Wei. The Huey's I visit sometimes isn't posted, The only place I'll voluntarily go that is is Hooters.

19. iamsalomon

I usually carry a pocket ITP cr123 in my pocket. It's pretty bright however, I also have an Eagletac T20C2 which is considerably brighter. I gues I can just throw that in the bag as well.

20. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Loaded Pockets

Yes, the theater is posted no guns allowed. Of course, it's in a crappy party of town and frequented by lots of undesireables/gang members which is why they employ off duty cops on weekends. I would not go in there without carrying. At worst, you are charged with a misdemeanor for carrying where prohibited by the establishment and I don't believe you would lose your ccw just for that.

The lights did not come on after the shooting started. It's my belief that, whenever possible, you should carry your gun on your body and not in a bag.