1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Large Unikit: Mini-Review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by b.s., Sep 28, 2010.

1. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

I received my unikit late last week.

Stormtracker was great about working with me and have to say I'm extremely happy with the overall experience. Even though ST does this part-time, you couldn't tell by the quality and construction of his gear... straight stitches, and extra stitching where it's needed most. He really does pay attention to all the details...

Ok... so let's get this started.

This thing is big... 9x7x3 and unlike the county comm pouch, it swallows bulky items without getting overstuffed.

[​IMG]

Here's a photo of the Unikit with my Blackberry Curve for scale... like I said... BIG, but there's still room for a lot more. (I should have cropped the photo)

[​IMG]

Here it is open... You can see that the internal pockets are gusseted so the bag doesn't deform with larger, bulky items.

[​IMG]

And the contents:

[​IMG]

Contents:

Blackberry
    Leatherman Wave
    Leatherman Bit Kit
    Trauma Shears
    Inova X1 V.4
    Sharpie Marker
    Sharpie Pen (in Journal Spine)
    Mini Bic
    Duct Tape Roll
    Para Cord - 10 feet
    Earplugs, Howard Leight
    Malice Clips
    Advair Inhaler
    RITR Notebook
    Mini FAK
    Kleenex, Pocket
    Germ-x Soft wipes
    Zip Ties
    Leatherbound Journal

I could put more... But I'm still working through the list of necessary items.

Stay tuned:
    I will be reconfiguring this Unikit as a travel organizer for a trip.

2. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Cool review. Where do you stash the kit? I have two of the small Unikits and am constantly reconfiguring them which I find strangely satisfying. Looking at your current layout, minus the journal, I would say you probably could get away with the small version. Keep us posted, I would like to see your travel organizer setup. I travel constantly and the kits sure make life easier.

3. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

A fine acquisition indeed ! Looking forward to the transformations (^;

BE WELL .. GH

4. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Not sure what size the Rite in the rain is in the above pic, but the small UNIKit will hold the 3x5" notepad.

5. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

I'd love getting one of these, the prices are too high for a college student though.

6. greyhound352

greyhound352 Loaded Pockets

Great review!!! Stormtracker does make some awesome gear.

Watch the buy/sell/trade section his gear does become available but you will have to be quick. I was able to purchase the Looter second hand and in great condition.

7. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

The RITR is a 3X5. I chose the large because I wanted an easier way to carry my full size glock for trips to the range. It holds the glock 22, 2 mags, and 2 - 50 round boxes of ammo with ease.

After all this however... I should have bought two (or three unikits) 1 small, 1 large... Or 1 CCW unikit to keep the gunpowder off of a bag that might go through electronic sniffers (airports)

The large also holds a standard paperback / portable gaming system / e-book... etc.

I'm drawing up plans for a custom jobby as we speak... I've always wanted an ultra-minimalist carry-on bag.

More to come.

8. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

very nice, b.s.
    I have the large myself, in black.
    As GH said...let the reconfiguring begin! :)

You are right, the gusseting that ST puts in...you can tell he really thought it out well...makes all the difference.
    I even put a bunch of tools in mine once...was amazed at how it held like 10 pounds of hand tools!

9. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

Is Stormtracker still on the forum?

10. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I imagine he is super busy filling orders ! [?]

BE WELL .. GH

11. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Im still around. As GH presumed correctly Im really busy. I havent been able to catch up this year yet and its the end of September. My dream someday is to have a 2 week wait for my customers.

I have another job where I am a web designer so Im bouncing back and forth between the 2 trying to keep my wife from firing me as a provider for my family. She works too so that really helps. She is supportive but things can be tight financially at times being self employed.

Thanks for all of the kind words. Great review B.S. I really like seeing that folks are pleased with my gear.

And just for fun as everyone here likes eyecandy. Here is a small Unikit CCW that I have as a prototype that I have been using.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the machine I make all of your gear on : )

[​IMG]

Thanks again for all of your support.

ST

12. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

Hmmmm...

"WANT!"

Ohh... and another thanks to you Stormtracker... I never thought I'd need any of this stuff until the day the flood waters had risen to the point of stranding me in Eastern NC overnight.

Luckily I had my Unikit on me... and that truly made all the difference.