1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Large organizer pouch for messenger bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Knifestyle, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Knifestyle

Knifestyle Loaded Pockets

I have had a Chrome bike messenger bag for ten years, thing is bulletproof and has no issues. However, small objects tend to get swallowed in the main compartment and becomes a pike of junk to sift through. It has two tall, narrow pockets on the end, a flatter pocket at the front, and the main satchel. Are there any inexpensive, solely for organization pouches or systems I can toss into the main compartment for tools and gear? It doesn't have to be extremely durable, the bag is the primary protection, this is just admin.

2. tdosthp

tdosthp Loaded Pockets

Check out the Tom Bihn Freudian Slips. I think they have them configured horizontally.

I have seen a couple clones on Amazon for cheaper, but they seem to be few and far between.

Maybe give us a better description of what you are trying to achieve...small gear bags, admin pouches, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Grey man RIP panel with pouches maybe

4. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

1) Blue Force Gear Velcro panels for Velcro pouches.

2) Lihit Lab stand pockets - on Amazon. What I have been using lately.

5. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

+1 on that Lihit Lab. Gave my wife something like that to organizer her shoulder bags. Useful.
    Aside from typical pouches, you can also use camera bag inserts that are a little bit padded so your bag will have form.

6. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

So many options, and so hard to give good advice without knowing what items you are trying to keep in the organizer.On the small side try looking into pocket organizers. Pocket organizers range from the small to ones that are definitely bigger than pocket sized. (Maxpedition beefy is 6 by 8 inches and over 2 inches thick.) Really better to lay out what you want to pack in the organizer, and then find something that will securely hold that. Larger options abound as well. Spec ops pack rat jumps to mind.

It's not always a good thing to get a 'too big' option. If you are like me, you'll probably end up finding more stuff to carry to fill in the empty spaces.

For another option check out a skinth at skinth solutions.

Grizz

adnj likes this.
  7. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Without knowing what you're carrying, I like the Rat Pack.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

AlgoOPC, ran23 and Moco like this.
  8. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets

I wasn't totally sure what you are looking for, so here are a couple of ideas:

My Lowe's store has a set of tool pouches that I use for organizational purposes and I like them. They are inexpensive: https://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-HP-10-in-Zippered-Tool-Bag/50175643

I also use a small "Grid It" organizer in my bag that has a series of elastic straps that you can use to mount objects to the board. They are fairly inexpensive and you can get them from Amazon and other stores: https://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php

Hope this is useful!

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

I wish I could find a Cocoon Grid-It organizer which would fit in my Chrome Welterweight Kadet Sling Bag.

In the absence of that I use a Mininch Canvas Pouch to hold a couple of tools in the main compartment, and a pair of pouches (one a neoprene Arc Systems pouch I'm not seeing at Staples, the other a freebie mesh pouch intended for toiletries) --- I'm probably going to get the two Chrome utility pouches to try out so things will match better.

Have you checked to see if the Skinth folks make something suitable?

10. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

I ended up buying some Lihit Lab cases on the strength of the comments in this thread, and they are absolutely awesome! I paid about £30 for three different storage options - Really nicely put together, thoughtful admin arrangement and one of the pouches is cordura which surprised me from a stationery brand. So thanks to @godcode and @Jackr for the recommendations.

As for the OP query, if you wanted to stick with a bike brand then ILE - Inside Line Equipment - do a nice organiser pouch but that might be more than you want to spend.

If you wanted a cheaper tactical-style organiser pouch with scope for expansion, then there's plenty of choice on Amazon. If you wanted something that had a bit more pedigree but still less expensive, then there's Condor - I used their E&E pouch as an admin organiser for a while and I've got no complaints.

Definitely not a cheap option, but undeniably functional is the TAD Control Planel platform, which is a panel with MOLLE on one side, and mesh pouches on the other. It's given structure through a removable HDPE frame sheet (they make body armour intended to fit in the gap occupied by the HDPE as well) - You can add MOLLE-compatible pouches in any configuration you like, and can swap them out depending on your needs. It's also marketed as a kinda folio style case that can be carried in the hands.

Definitely +1 on the grid-it recommendations - Very versatile - I've got one that doubles as a framesheet for my unstructured packs. @WillAdams Grid-It do a 10.25" x 5.125" size - wouldn't that fit in the Kadet?

WillAdams likes this.
  11. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

The problem is that size won't hold the things which I want to organize, nor will it fit around some of the other things I already have in the bag --- I'll probably dump everything out at some point and re-evaluate --- it would be a nice solution if I can make it work out.

12. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

Glad it worked out for you Roguetrooper. Now, on to the next bag!