1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Large Laptop Bag Recommendations?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by tweak4, Apr 11, 2017.

1. tweak4

tweak4 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone make a decent bag that can hold a large (17") laptop? We just got new computers at work and went from 15" to 17", and to my dismay the new ones won't fit in my trusty 5.11 Rush Delivery. I picked up a Rush Delivery X-ray, which does fit, but it feels a bit unwieldy and I'm not sure how much I like it.
    I saw that Ebags has a "Professional Slim Laptop Backpack" that looks nice and claims to hold a 17, but I wasn't sure what else was out there.
    And just for the sake of argument, let's say my budget is $150 USD or less.

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

First of all almost every bag that will hold a 17" machine may feel "unweildy" I bet?
    You also do not say which computer so......?

I have several that I carry my 17" MBP in as well as a few Toughbook's which can be enormous as well.
    Lately I have been using a First Tactical Messenger and I like it a lot,not as nicely made maybe as the 5.11 bags but very nice and for sure huge enough too!
    The Vanquest Envoy might be big enough depending on the exact machine you have?
    I use my Tom Bihn Super Ego & Empire Builder all the time though it might be tough to find them in your price range and the SE is not made anymore but sold on Ebay all the time.
    ThinkTank Photo Airport Takeoff is another bag discontinued but just great for a 17" and also sold on Ebay often.

There are also several backpacks that might work.
    The Camelbak Urban Assault is my normal choice here but there are many others as well.

Which computer is ist???????

3. tweak4

tweak4 Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I didn't think the specific model would be terribly important, since most bags state pretty generically "can store a laptop up to 15 inches" (in fact, that's exactly what the Envoy's description says, so that's a no-go). If you really want specifics, it's a Dell Precision 7710 workstation. The dimensions are:
    Height 1.36” (34.49mm) x Width: 16.42” (417.04mm) x Depth: 11.08” (281.44mm)
    And it weighs just a shade under 8lbs, not including the power brick
    Definitely not a road-warrior's machine, but I like to take it home most nights in case I decide to just work from home instead of going in to the office the next day.

4. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Have you checked out the Vertx Gamut Plus? I think it would easily hold a 17". My 15.6" fits with tons of room to spare, and it's just an awesome pack.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The 17" mac fits into the Envoy though so you just never know until trying with these.
    I forgot about the Gamut but the 17" Mac fits mine and its not a pro but a regular Gamut!
    The 1st Tactical would be a good fit if it looks right for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk