1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Review

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TARFU, Mar 14, 2011.

1. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Last week, I took advantage of LA Police Gear's Facebook fan appreciation sale and got their Bail Out bag for $10 + Shipping. Just got it in today.

My initial reaction is that the bag is smaller than it appeared to be on the website. But, after my surprise wore off, I think it's the perfect size for a car bail out bag, range bag or small messenger.

The main compartment is divided and lined with a soft polyester material. I managed to get my 13" laptop in a case and a small notepad in there. Plenty of other pockets on the exterior and a second loop lined compartment for CCW.

Quality is pretty good - especially at the price point. The stitching looks pretty decent despite there being a few lose threads here and there. The site says "quality brand zippers" are used and they look solid but they are not YKK. The zipper pulls are just OK. I will replace them with 550 paracord. The nylon is mid weight and not stiff. This bag will probably take a fair amount of abuse.

Here are some pics. I didn't have time for a full load out review but I'd be happy to take some more pics if other members are interested in this bag.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here is the bag with my laptop inside. The two end pockets have cord stays and could fit larger, taller water bottles than the ones I have in there or a pair of radios. I will have fun figuring out how to load all the pockets.

[​IMG]

The other side has two large pen pockets and a "Stinger/Surefire" pocket which fit my G2x like a glove. The is a small zippered dump pouch with a loop area on the exterior for id or a morale patch. Below that is a cocoon pouch, which I zipped open here to show that it fit the power adapter for my laptop.

[​IMG]

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase. How can I not be at the price I paid? Kudos to L.A. Police Gear for treating their customers this way. I wish more companies would take note.

2. ovaltine

ovaltine Loaded Pockets

I gotta say my first reaction when it came out of the box was ":censored: this thing feels solid!" It feels like a $60-$80 bag, not even close to the $10(+10 for shipping) I paid for it. And yeah it is small-ish but this is a real good bag.

3. black71label

black71label Loaded Pockets

They're solid bags that are well worth the $20 they normally ask and are a complete steal for $10.

4. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Good bag. I have both the Maratac and LAPG and can't find anything that makes one better and I paid more for the CC. Great range bags and as a travel kit.

5. datawireguy

datawireguy Loaded Pockets

I have two and love them! I have one setup as my search and rescue go bag and one as my range bag. I paid $19.00 each and still think I got a good deal. When I get a chance I will post some pictures.

6. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I agree with you guys 100%. Even after the sale, this bag is available from LAPG for $20 + shipping and at that price it's still a steal. A couple of other things I've found after messing more with the bag:

1) The center stiffener/divider in the main compartment is attached via Velcro to the sides of the bag and is removable. Very nice feature if you want to just dump a bunch of gear in there.

2) The two large pockets on the outside are double AR-15 mag pockets (duh... that was in the picture on the site). I'm using mine for a mini first aid kit and a rigid sunglasses case but this bag would be awesome as a range bag for AR owners.

7. black71label

black71label Loaded Pockets

The center divider also has a fold so that you can divide one of the halves into... halves.

I thought that was pretty slick.

8. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

I have one that I use as my roadside emergency bag. I having impatiently waiting for the Jumbo size to come in. I am really looking forward to getting one. The bags are built incredibly well for the price point.

9. Smousefam5

Smousefam5 Loaded Pockets

I have one of these as well as the jumbo version. The jumbo stays packed with stuff in the truck. I used the Bail Out Bag as my EDC for several years and it is still as good as new. I didn't like that if I carried my laptop inside, there wasn't room for anything else (books, etc.). All in all a solidly useful bag at an incredible price (both of them are).

10. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Do you happen to have any pics of the Jumbo version from LAPG? The ones on their website aren't very good. Specifically the ones of the two large pockets on the side opposite the mag pouches. Thanks

11. Myriad7777

Myriad7777 Loaded Pockets

My two arrived today, finally! (misrouted-- delayed it a day). Nicely built, I can already think of several ways to use it. The 2nd one is going to my father.

It really is compact, and looks even more so with the bottle/radio holders retracted.

It doesn't fit a binder very well as you can see, but normal documents in a standard folder= no problem, as well as a book/magazines, and small electronic gear. Writing instruments and flag are a nod to the OP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Smousefam5

Smousefam5 Loaded Pockets

I will post as soon as I can...either tonight or tomorrow. BTW...I agree that their bags are smaller than the they appear on the web site...except for the Jumbo. It is a good size bag. The reason it stays in the truck is that it was just too big to carry every day.

13. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Go to youtube...county comm has a video on how much you can get in the maratac version. I am sure there are some there for the lapg version too. I have three. I use one for a range bag to carry ammunition. I amd giong to use the two I just bought for a tool bag in my ride, and another for a major trauma blowout/FAK to go in my wifes ride. She is a nurse.

14. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Jumbo compared to regular size bailout bag...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. PaulTX

PaulTX Loaded Pockets

I EDC'd the County Comm bail out bag for a year or more. The bag has a lot going for it but I think the weak point is the zippers. I had the zipper fail on the long, horizontal pocket on the bottom.

16. cuervo

cuervo Empty Pockets

I have one of these, and the smaller one LAPG sells. Both well made and priced right. Gave a couple to my stepfather (retired law enforcement), he loves 'em!

17. JPasquini

JPasquini Loaded Pockets

Just ordered

Just ordered one of these bags... looking forward to checking it out first hand!

18. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Thanks race2c!

19. cerbera147

cerbera147 Loaded Pockets

What a great price!! Shame I missed it :'(

Although $19.99 is still an amazing price.

These reviews and pics have helped make my mind up O0

20. Myriad7777

Myriad7777 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the pictures, race2c. I'll probably pick up the Jumbo too and use it on occasion also, since it looks like you can put several binders and office work related things in the main compartment with ease. I'll use the standard one for EDC. The decent quality of the smaller one alleviates my initial concerns over the larger one, when the time comes.