1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LAPG "Condor 2-Day Pack" @ $17.99

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Mitty, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mitty

Mitty Loaded Pockets

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-2day-sorte-backpack.html

I bought this to use as a grab-and-go bag for SAR gear. For this application I don't need a lot of sophistication or toughness. It just needs to carry a RON kit, a bunch of reference materials, snacks, then survive being thrown into the back of an airplane, carried into Mission Base, emptied, and tossed in a corner. It replaces a Pygmy Falcon II (LN, green, for sale), which became too small for me as the junk collection grew.

For once, the dimensions given in the vendor description are somewhere near accurate although (good) the height of the pack is more like 19". I'd put the useful width at about 9" to 14" as there is a taper to it. Most importantly to me, the main compartment ate four three-ring binders with room to spare. The secondary pocket is good sized as well, easily taking a shaving kit and small change-of-underwear bag. The outside slit pocket is a bit silly, as internally it goes the full height of the secondary pocket but the zipper is down towards the middle. So you will not be able to put in a tall and rigid item that would otherwise easily fit in the pocket -- just because of the placement of the zipper.

The material is advertised as 500 denier polyester. It has a plastic inner coating that probably makes it fairly waterproof. Stitching and binding are fine, as are the shoulder straps. I removed the waist belt as it is of no interest to me, but it looks kind of flimsy. There is some padding, though not thick, between you and the stuff in the pack. There is one web loop on each side where you could hang something with a Grimlock or a carabiner. I think the pack would survive daily use for quite a while. A year? Maybe.

At the claimed "Regular Price" of $49.99 I would say the pack is an acceptable buy. At $17.99 it is a bargain.

2. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I have 2 of those packs and love them. I am thinking about buying another in olive for when mine die in a couple of years.

3. tet6t8

tet6t8 Empty Pockets

Heck of a deal for a nice pack. Pretty well made and useful and for the price it is great.

4. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

For that price its rude not too,great offer

5. chute43

chute43 Loaded Pockets

I ordered one on friday when they were having the black friday sale. That price is lower than some cheap backpacks you can buy at walmart.

thanks for the link
    kary

6. tabler1010

tabler1010 Empty Pockets

Wow how long do you think that will be on sale?

7. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

Can someone post pics of the compartments?

The site has a pic of the main compartment jammed with pants, mags, MREs, a radio and some kind of water reservoir.

8. Mitty

Mitty Loaded Pockets

There's nothing to see. They are just empty spaces. The main compartment has a divider that is said to be for a water bladder. It would also take a few magazines or newspapers.

9. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Go to Mitty's link the closeout section at LAPG has some good deals on .