1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lanyards galore! Post questions, designs, pics, etc. - Part 2

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Dr Jekell, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Kontractor

Kontractor Loaded Pockets

Tether cord from County Comm? I got orange/black/green from them. Same pattern on my SAK, but I doubled up on each color. Made it look sexay.

Add: And subscribed.

2. jacktheclipper

jacktheclipper Loaded Pockets

Another 'fixed-loop' two bight turkshead . I melt-spliced the two cords and hid the splice inside the core . Really like this tie .
    [​IMG]

3. Kuscoot

Kuscoot Loaded Pockets

Nice work! I love it!

Sent from my SPH-L900

4. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Loaded Pockets

Actually, it's the 2mm accessory cord from my fixer in Berlin. i needed it thin so that it wasn't bukly when I button the wind flap.

5. computermike

computermike Loaded Pockets

6. jacktheclipper

7. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Just gettin' some mileage outta this pic. Hadn't poked my nose in here for a while and don't wanna be a stranger like that. :p
    [​IMG]
    Peak Eiger AAA in SS with Synodeyth SS bead containing ice blue trits. Sporting (eh? eh?) Ravens colours to score some brownie points with the better half. :smug:

8. Desperado213

Desperado213 Loaded Pockets

Can you tell I like the diamond knot with leather?
    [​IMG]

9. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't know if I'm clever, or if I just re-invented the wheel but...
    I added a long pull to the pistol pocket of my Maxped Fatboy but there's a problem...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's a older pack and the zipper pull is different than my newer Jumbo, the pull will pull right off, not a good thing if I need my roscoe in a hurry.
    I could have tied a piece of cord in front of it but that's just not, you know stylin' ... I needed a way to keep the middle of the cord thick, and this is what I came up with.
    I cut the length I needed and pulled out all but ONE of the inner strands
    [​IMG]
    Then I doubled 4 of the inner strands to the length I needed and tied them onto the strand left inside the outer cord
    [​IMG]
    Then I pulled the strand through until the bundle of strands was in the middle where I needed them and tied my knot
    [​IMG]
    Now I have a loop that is the original thickness of the paracord, but can still be woven flat.

10. fast14riot

fast14riot Loaded Pockets

Bored at work, slow day, so I grab about 5' of some 350 cord out of my bag, my marlingspike, a lighter and a paperclip. Sounds like Macgyver's pockets, but I came up with this...

Globe knot (tied in hand) over a small wad of paper, did some hitching up the tail and created the loop with a Mobius Brummel Splice. No lock stitching required on this splice, it is self locking, and the Mobius version means you only need one end. A nice neat loop with a fair lead. I'm surprised I don't see more splicing of paracord by you knot artists.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Xander

11. jacktheclipper

".... I'm surprised I don't see more splicing of paracord by you knot artists...."

I am sure you will see more now , sir .

fast14riot likes this.
  12. fast14riot

fast14riot Loaded Pockets

That's what I like to hear! Just don't expect this splice to work if you need to splice to a ring, I can't be done. A standard brummel splice can if you have both ends. Or you splice a long loop and cow hitch to the ring/zipper pull/etc. I am going to try a standard eye splice on some 550 cord tonight, using the method for parallel core double braid.

-Xander

13. tharper2202

tharper2202 Loaded Pockets

I'm so undecided sometimes. At first I made this basic lanyard for my EDC knife

[​IMG]

I really liked it but then my two color splice came apart so I did a full camo snake lanyard (I PROMISE I know how to do other knots besides the snake. I just like the look of the snake knot the best for my lanyards on my knives). Well I got bored with that and then started thinking about incorporating beads into my lanyards. Didn't feel like waiting for shipping so I headed to Ace and found a couple potentials. I think I have finally found the lanyard that will stay on my knife

[​IMG]

Crappy picture I know and Ill be making a white box for picture taking purposes this weekend. I think I will keep this lanyard on the knife for a very long time. Unless someone could tell me the name or give me a how too on how to do the red and black one in this picture:

[​IMG]

14. fmf1854

fmf1854 Loaded Pockets

15. jacktheclipper

@ Inline6Silvia ,
    The red and black fob you like is a Matthew Walker knot , followed by a series of wall knots , then a completion knot .

16. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

It is a great book. If you're going to buy one book on knots I think it should be Ashley. Beyond all of the knots there are some funny and interesting notes to read. You could always put it on your birthday list. That's how I got mine.

17. Gretsch308

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

18. khtima

khtima Loaded Pockets

19. Eastwood

Eastwood Loaded Pockets

Here a new one I did today.

[​IMG]

Kones, Knightrock, Gretsch308 and 3 others like this.
  20. mcbrat
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

mcbrat Uber Prepared