1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lanyards galore! Post questions, designs, pics, etc. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Mahachippy, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

A cell phone/camera lanyard and a couple of keychains:

[​IMG]

2. radiorepair

radiorepair Empty Pockets

Paracord projects

Here are some paracord projects which my son has made me do. Please note that not all of the items shown are EDC.

Radiorepair

[​IMG]

3. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

Re: Paracord projects

Wow, You Sir have some busy hands. Very impressive pile of work. O0

4. radiorepair

It (parcording) becomes addictive. Most of everything that you see was learned and completed in about 2 weeks. Thanks!

Radiorepair

5. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

Im trying to learn this craft myself. Seems too useful not to know.

6. radiorepair

Ghillieman7 the hardest part about paracording for me was getting the knots started. Stormdrane has some fantastic instructionals which really helped me. A book on knots and weaving will also help.

All of the paracord projects are fun but in a survival situation carrying a 50' hank of cord would be more realistic than unraveling a bracelet or laynard. However it does feel good when some person wearing an OD green ruck spots the paracord and knows that you are part of that exclusive club.

Regards,

Radiorepair

7. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Nice work ! I use to make necklaces/plant hangers and believe it or not, stereo speaker hangers back in the 70's .. Belts too ..
    It was all made from real rough cotton or nasty nylon rope stuff .. the sides of my fingers actually used to bleed .. We called it Macramé ..
    I also worked on an old Square rigger schooner for a while using Marlin[a natural hemp like string we used to wrap rigging etc.] ..
    I made sennits & Monkey paws too .. In older sailing times the 'Monkey's paw' went under other names ,
    one being a 'Life preserver' because the Sailer's would make them to protect there lives at dangerous ports ..
    I imagine most were .. :| They tied rocks in them instead of the nice steel balls we have today <)
    Hence the reference to the Monkey's paw as a 'Good luck charm' .. well one of them anyway ..

So .. after joining EDCF naturally every thing I own is not safe from being wrapped with some kind of cord or have a lanyard attached to it !
    Also thanks to Stormdrane for sharing his amazing work and generous instruction ! ,)

BE WELL .. GH

8. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Similar topics merged.

DB

:tardis:

9. radiorepair

GH,

I know all about the monkey paw "blackjacks" from my dad used to sail in the Merchant Marines who told me the stories about the steel ball bearings in the monkey fists they all made. I used to think my dad was nuts when he would tell me about his EDC marlin spike knife and the hours of line splicing and rope projects he would do aboard the ships. It's pretty funny "what comes around goes around"!

Regards,

Radiorepair

10. calooney

calooney Loaded Pockets

I have been watching and learning here for a while. Thanks to everybody for all of the great ideas. It has truely become an addiction. I am trying to find ways to put paracord on everything.
    Here are a few of the items I have made.

[​IMG]
    A zipper pull and a couple of Key Chains

[​IMG]
    A neck lanyard for my usb drive

11. Crude

Crude Loaded Pockets

This thread is what brought me to EDCF. I've come full circle as a contributing member. I've been trying to figure out the turks head. I've been doing tutorials but those show me how to make A turks head not how to make my own combination's of leads and bights and figure out the over-under pattern. I've gotta be honest, I'm about to give up, this knot is nuts. But I wanted to give anyone else looking a few of the best links I found. My google-fu is much better then my knot tying skillz.

Pinapple knot forum
    The most complete analysis of the turks head I've ever seen
    If you're not running firefox this link won't be much help
    Turks Head Algorithm Program

12. KnotHead

KnotHead Loaded Pockets

Let's start you out with this first and see how ya do. Then I will show you how to expand the 5 part 4 bight to a 7part 6bight and so. The more you practice with this knot, the better you get at it. The easier it will become. Once you get beyond the TH, then the really hard part comes, Interweaves.

[img width=488 height=640]http://khww.net/images/016.jpg[/img]

PM me if you should find need to.

Brian...
    :slap:

13. KnotHead

KnotHead Loaded Pockets

A key fob. All venetian blind cord.​
    [​IMG]
    :slap:​

14. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Well here's my first attempt at bracelets, the one is what i thought would be the best for outdoor activity's, it has a compass, thermometer, whistle side release clip, and is one continuous strand of reflective 7 strand para-cord, the other is obviously two tone, but has no clip, just a slip on, in the one pic you can see its a little loose of a braid that's where it is joined. sorry for the crappy pic's i had to take them off my lap top, and for the fact that i couldn't get the continuous braid one off, lol JR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

nice, im looking for a small digi watch, temp and compass and a place to buy those buckles for cheap, very awesome bracelet themadplumbarian

Electricians>Plumbers

Mario should have traveled by EMT

16. Crude

Crude Loaded Pockets

Have some 1/2" cheap stuff laying out....but I found something intersting to do with it....
    [img width=640 height=480]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_P0tP2Xo86Zg/S2YW-8cvZEI/AAAAAAAAAjk/c0rMtdMt-9g/s800/IMG_0339.JPG[/img]

17. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

:crackup:

Nice work.

18. xdeadheatx

xdeadheatx Empty Pockets

hey how are you able to have a loop at one end and a key ring at the end? i have an idea of how to do it but im not 100% sure

19. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

It's pretty simple.Here's my method : I start braiding from the keyring down.When I want to finish and add the loop I simply take one of the two core strands of the cobra stich and turn it up to make a loop, braiding a few more times over it to set it in place (with the two marginal strands that I've used to braid the lanyard).I can post pictures to see what it's all about.

20. the_poopsmith

the_poopsmith Empty Pockets

Not really a lanyard, but I've attached it to my water bottle sling so I could carry it around my shoulder :) Used a 4 plait round braid for the straps, and a 5 strand sheepshank weave for the pouch (which doubles as a shoulder pad when carrying something with it)
    [img width=640 height=426]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7caMss84EUk/S2dhKyt7FKI/AAAAAAAAAP0/2kxsACjGg4Y/s912/IMG_1834.JPG[/img]
    [img width=640 height=426]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7caMss84EUk/S2dhLGTm3RI/AAAAAAAAAP4/hvKRf0cT3I4/s912/IMG_1837.JPG[/img]
    [img width=640 height=426]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7caMss84EUk/S2dhLYb_yyI/AAAAAAAAAP8/fMzQDvC9dRU/s912/IMG_1838.JPG[/img]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.