1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lanyards galore! Post questions, designs, pics, etc. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Mahachippy, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

Essexman,

Q: Would you mind telling me how to make a snake knot lanyard using two colors of paracord? I've always made the snake knot with one piece of paracord. I would like to know how to weave in the second color of paracord. Please advise. Thank you.

2. DragoSapien

DragoSapien Loaded Pockets

This is cool stuff.

3. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

Attached to Nitecore D10
    [​IMG]

4. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

Ex, when I make mine I either fuse 2 different colored cords together to make 1 long strand or sew 2 together by cutting an inch or so of the inner strands one each cord, insert 1 end inside the other cord, then sew them together. Then when you tie the snake knot you hide the joint in the first knot.

5. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

dewildeman,

Thanks for your post. I suspected that was the way to use two colors of paracord when make a snake knot lanyard. I have been using that technique when I make a two color cobra paracord bracelet. I would appreciate any pics or links you could post to show more about how to hide the joint when making the two color snake knot lanyard. Thanks again.

6. Essexman

Essexman Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

There’s always more than one way to skin a cat.

There’s a clue to how I made this in the photo. At the bottom of the snake knot you can see three cords, two black and one white. I started with a lanyard knot with the black cord. Under the lanyard knot I placed one length of white cord to the side of the two black cords. I then made the snake knot using the two outside cords (black and white) around the centre cord (black). This leaves the end of the white cord sticking out the top of the snake knot. You can either burn/melt and squash the end or work the white cord down through the snake knot so there is only a little sticking out. If you plan to work the white cord through the snake knot it’s best to do so after you have made only a few turns otherwise it will take a while to feed it round and round the finished length. I hope that’s clear?

7. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

Essexman,

As my old friend LTJG Daniel Kaffee once said, "Crystal." Thanks for sharing your secret.

8. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

(King Germ Grenade) I saw what they call a Germ Grenade, yet at the same time they want like $25 for a little 2oz bottle of hand sanitizer that you can get for $2? i thought i had one of those small bottles, so i looked around and sure enough i did. now basically all it is a cobra stitch around, then loop side to side. but i didn't really like how it was looking, so i looked it up and couldn't find one post with a king cobra. so i decided to be the first(unless anyone else has) and low and behold here's what it looks like, unless i did it wrong, i also put a split ring on it to make it look like the real thing.. JR
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    P.S. it took me longer then i thought it would take due to whats in the last pic, if you look closely there's fur at the top of the pic, that fur ball went nuts chasing and rolling in the dang paracord!

9. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

Nice job on the 'King Germ Grenade', although I'd refrain from mentioning the word 'grenade' if going through a security checkpoint with it, unless you're testing the SWAT team reaction time.:laugh:

Here's a couple of 'Headhunter Knot' beads, done with 2 and 3 passes, used with paracord wrist lanyards...

[​IMG]

10. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Nice, i still cant do them. as far as the (GRENADE) goes thats what they call it, lol.. JR
    http://www.survivalstraps.com/men/germ-grenade.html

11. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIgFcy39k3c&feature=related

12. Mag718

Mag718 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] My newest.. For my TW200 Key

13. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

14. Mag718

Mag718 Loaded Pockets

I used the same video to make mine. Found it much easier to follow than TIAT's version... I've made another already :)

15. McNabUx

McNabUx Loaded Pockets

Nothing fancy, but this is my first squarknot
    [​IMG]

16. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

And so the addiction begins.... nice work ;D

17. McNabUx

McNabUx Loaded Pockets

I am ready to be addicted, I have bought skulls and are planing on giving away lanyards for Christmas ;D

18. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Superb.... you'll be needing this if you haven't already seen it: http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/ ;D

19. McNabUx

McNabUx Loaded Pockets

Thanks but I am already following that blog

I liked the EDCSource link, except that it as so many shops are for the US marked.

20. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Most if not all of the sellers on EDCSource ship internationally and usually at cost. No hyped up shipping prices like on eBay. You just have to ask them for a shipping quote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.