1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

lamy 245

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by flnder, Jan 7, 2012.

1. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a lamy 245st. Writes so-so but I like it. My question is what is the little red bushing/spacer/piece for? Thanks

2. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

95 views and no help? holy cow

3. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

Can you take a picture and post it? I'm not familiar with that model, but I am familiar with Lamy writing instruments.

4. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

No I can't. I have emailed Lamy in Germany and they sent me the Canadian suppliers email. I was comparing it to another lamy and I can see where it is supposed to go ,but my spacer is different

5. dave90

dave90 Loaded Pockets

Is it for if you use it with red ink? That way you'd know what colour it is without writing.

6. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

I am not sure what it is for,but I have seen another lamy pen and trying to describe the thread set up is hard. But I now know mine is set up wrong. there is a threaded piece that goes into the small writing end and covers the spring. On the correct one there is a longer threaded piece that holds the spring and the red collar. On mine the longer piece has come unthreaded from the short nose cone piece. I don't know how to unthread the longer piece from the top section. The other two things are;the pen works fine,I just don't know if the little fine threads on the nose cone piece are going to hold up to extended use and I paid 60.00 bucks for something that's not right from the factory.

7. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

Just in case any body else has this problem,I found a fix. Not sure how it worked,but I tried a space pen refill,with the parker adapter on. I put it in the 245 and clicked. the refill was too short,so I unscrewed it. Lo and behold it dragged the top threaded piece down with it,the red spacer was perfectly in place and now I can relax.