1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LA, woman tried to eat a infants arm.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by jda, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I guess when the assailant ran up and started unbuckling the kid the confusion probably gave her enough time to sort the buckle - With something that unexpected it would probably take many a moment to realise what is happening, then a moment longer to try and reason with the assailant without realising quite the extent of the issue.

As for self defence, to pull a gun and shoot the assailant will to some seem out of scale - the assailant having no weapon in the attack - but at the same time if someone attacks an infant, I personally would fully agree with pulling a gun and defending yourself and your family to the fullest.
    The fact that the attacker was obviously delusional and suffering from mental problems? Sure that does give some 'excuse' for the behaviour in that she wasn't in full and capable control of herself, but out on the streets when being attacked you don't exactly have time to stop, consider the mental state of your attacker, phone the police and social services, get the person checked out and dealt with in whichever ways are needed (drugs, counselling, institutions, etc...). That person is an immediate threat and needs dealt with.
    Had they pulled a gun, whatever the mental state, I doubt anyone would have much concerns over shooting them considering the immediate danger everyone in the surroundings would be under.

As for the shop owner who refused them entry - utter, utter scum. Sure he may not want people barging into his store and smashing the place up, but there is a massive difference between gangs fighting and a mother with baby being attacked. If I had my way he would face some serious consequences - if anything he was an assistant in the attack in refusing to help stop it.

2. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

You have no idea how I wish I was wrong about that fact.

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

You guys in Finland must get the quality stuff. Baby-carriers in America are often cheap junk from China that many of the more intelligent little ones can indeed unbuckle themselves. A deranged lunatic would have no problem at all with the buckle. As the uncle of both a little nephew and an even smaller niece, it's amazing how bad the sheer crap actually is; when you're shopping for infant-related items.

4. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

Perhaps you should read the following quoted post, once more:

5. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

i would act faster and more severe if my child was being attacked vs just myself. I will assess the situation if im being attacked. if my kids are attacked, i will use the most severe force i have available as a first choice

6. blacmud8

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

Totally. The world just isn't the same as it was when my parents were growing up.

wait, hang on a minute...

[​IMG]

The world and the people in it are no better or worse than they ever where. People just have a massive habit of romanticising the past.

7. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

i could not agree with you more! i think the main difference is that with todays technology we can hear about every little thing that goes on. 40 years ago this wouldn't make the news. now if someone commits a evil or heinous act, people all over the world will hear/ read about it on the internet.

is that auschwitz or birkenau?

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Clearly your definition of "a few" with regards to the number of decades is much smaller than mine.

9. blacmud8

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

That is Auschwitz, Birkenau has the railway tracks going through the entrance and is about 1km away from Auschwitz.

10. blacmud8

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

The point is that no matter how far back or forward you go, humanity/society has committed/allowed far bigger and more destructive atrocities than one attack on a child by someone with psychological issues or one shop keeper (probably misjudging the situation) ejecting the victims from his shop.

11. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Reminds me of this quote:

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"
    Plato, 4th Century BC

The world and the people never change, there is just a lot of self deception about how things were before.

As i say, mentally ill gonna mentally ill. You just think this stuff happens more often because of a mix of modern technology with faster access to info and a media with a single goal of keeping people afraid likes to play up these rare one offs.

12. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Clearly you missed the main point. This hasn't been the first reply you've made to one of my posts that was borderline trolling.

Go use someone else to make your pseudo moralistic statements. I'm not in the mood, and likely won't be for the rest of my life. Thanks.

At least phill puts in some real effort into his trolling, and makes it far less obvious. You're no phill.

13. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

My boys can unbuckle very fast and I can't imagine popin' a cap off anywhere near my family. Take 'em alive and figure out what to do with them later. I am sure I could come up with some good ideas after the fact for punishment.

14. blacmud8

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

You implied humanity is going down the pan and has been for a few decades. I posted an opinion to the contrary. Maybe I used an extreme case and the use of sarcasm to get my point across, but this is an internet forum, not an academic discussion.

That is not trolling, and nor will it ever be. You can't just shout TROLL as soon as someone disagrees with you.

15. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

I don't do Crack, Crack is whack.

Most Massive case of the Crack munchies EVAR!

16. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

I agree with Monocrom, that you are very close to trolling.

Some things do not need to have it pointed out that they may be wrong.

I actually found your posts to be more offensive than his post (that sums up a lot of peoples feelings).

17. blacmud8

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

This will be my last post in this thread, as I don't want to flog a dead horse.

What I posted is my genuine opinion, maybe I was a little brash but there you go.

I apologise for offending anyone. What I don't apologise for is my original point or my method (the whole romanticising the past thing).

If I was trying to troll you lot I'd be looking for a reaction which involves sweating with fury all over your keyboards, not admitting mild offense.

Sorry chaps

18. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

Mentally ill or not, anyone tries to hurt my child, they get stopped as hard and fast as I can manage.

19. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

Amen brother!

20. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

I am really surprised the ****** jokes haven't started yet.... but in all seriousness, she should be taken into a back alley and shot, if anyone even tried it with my kids (don't have any yet) i would come at them with everything i got

a friendly suggestion to the post above - razor blades and lemon juice

+1 ^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.