1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by DJM95B, Oct 4, 2009.

1. DJM95B

DJM95B Loaded Pockets

I just noticed that LA Police Gear has a run of their "Operator Tactical Pants" marked down to $14.99. According to their website:

"IMPORTANT UPDATE - We received our shipment that was due to arrive Sept, 2009. Long story short, it failed quality control inspection. The problem is "cosmetically substandard stitching". This means in English that the stitching did not look as nice as we felt it should. In lieu of rejecting this shipment we negotiated a new lower price for this load of pants. The Good News - This load of pants is structurally sound and just as good as the prior batches. These "cosmetically challenged" Operator pants will be sold as "FUBAR Tactical Pants" as a closeout and will be on the site next week for sale. If you have a backorder for Operator Pants you will be sent an email from customer service giving you some options. We Apologize to all the customers with backorders for Operator Pants."

For $14.99, I don't really care that the stiching doesn't look as nice is it normally does. These pants are available now, and they got lots of colors/sizes marked down.

2. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I have those same pants. I did not even notice the messed up stitching. They look fine to me.

3. monkeymagic

monkeymagic Empty Pockets

I'm thinking about ordering a couple of those myself too. Seems like a good price.

4. SpranK

SpranK Empty Pockets

LA Police gear pants are what they are.....$19.99 pants(this case 14.99). They get the job done, and for the price you can't beat em. I have several pair that I got for regular price and the stitching sucked and Velcro has fallen off, but I didn't care cause I was buying $20 pants. If your use to TAD, RailRiders or even 5.11 don't bother trying to compare them.
    Just my 2 cents. :)
    Thanks
    SpranK

5. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

+1 .....long term you will be much happier with the TAD gear pants....

6. London

London Empty Pockets

I have a few pair. My biggest complaint is the front pockets are pretty shallow. Other than that the cut and payout is great for cheap knockoffs. Nothing compares to the real deal TAD tho.

7. stevebrule

stevebrule Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of TAD cargos and a pair of the LAPG knock offs. I have had the TAD cargos for about two years and the LAPGs' for about three weeks. the TAD cargos are still good to go but I have already lost two buttons on the LAPGs, one on a rear pocket and one on the fly. for twenty dollars you can expect some pretty crappy stitching and overall poor workmanship. practice those sewing skills!

8. DJM95B

DJM95B Loaded Pockets

They also have their elastic waistband model for $17.99. I fully understand they are not in the same caliber as TAD or others, but personally I cannot justify the cost of the upper end pants when these are available.

9. NYguy

NYguy Loaded Pockets

x2
    When I first got my LAPG cargo pants, I praised them for their pocket design and comfort. I think I got my pants in July or August and I did not wear them every day, nor did I climb mountains with them. After 2 washes I started to get holes in pockets and seams because the stitching is horrible. My $25 dollar non brand China made jeans have been going strong for 2 years. There is no reason why LAPG pants can't last even 6 month with normal wear. I can not recommend their brand after this.

10. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

They are pretty good values for what they do. I ruined my first pair by over-dried them in the dryer. The plastic zipper simply melted. As long as I ain't over zealous in the dryer again, I think they should do ok, FWIW.

With Aloha,

Clarence