1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants - review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by mchlwise, Oct 24, 2008.

1. swampinboy

swampinboy Loaded Pockets

I ordered 4 pair of the basic operator pants 3 weeks ago. Black, Sierra, OD and Khaki. Khaki's are on backorder, but I love the rest. For under 20$ these are great. As stated above, the stitching in a few areas could be a little prettier, but I wear them everyday in a trades supervisory position for a large organization and in 3 weeks haven't felt talked about. I love the sierra, and am going to order a couple more pair. They are a very easy to match earthy brown. Sizing is accurate, wash and dry for 15min then hang out from there. They seem to dry extremely fast. These pants have moved into the "favorite things to wear" section of the closet.

2. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

Re-reading this thread again. Just took advantage of the 15% year-end discount and ordered two more pairs. My first pair "died" quite a while ago because the plastic zippers were done in by the dryers and melted. My other pair is green and color does fade throughout the years (almost 2). However, at $20 and if you like lots of useful cargo pockets, this is an excellent deal.

3. MilsimJunkie

MilsimJunkie Banned

I own a pair of LA Police Gear tactical pants as well as a pair of 5.11 Tac Lite Pro's. For the price these pants are fantastic! I will be ordering more. When compared to my tac lite pro's there is about the same noise in the fabric when moving. With tactical pants for offensive application I find that the extra bit of stealth (that being no noise from the friction of the pants) is important.

Keep and eye out for LA Police gear deals. As a frequent buyer from the site there is always a promo code for additional savings which is a plus!

4. jhoppes

jhoppes Empty Pockets

I ordered 4 pair of the basic operator after reading this I think these are just what im looking for. Monday cant come fast enough

5. Bagnerd

Bagnerd Loaded Pockets

I just got a pair of Basic Operator Elastic Waist pants.
    Nice. Seems like an excellent deal for the money.

I prefer the 5.11 "Slash" rear pockets though.
    But the Phone pockets (one on each leg) are just a little bigger and WAY more useful to an iPhone owner.

6. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Isn't that a rules violation? Singing the praises of your own product using an alias?

7. Bagnerd

Bagnerd Loaded Pockets

After wearing these for a day....

I think the Cargo pockets are bigger than they NEED to be and the upper legs/seat area are too ( and I have fairly big legs) though this does make it so the pants aren't going to bind on you at all.

But if you wanted to have big cargo pockets then this is for you.

8. ky70

ky70 Loaded Pockets

Hello Folks,

I'm ready to order a pair of these but I have a size question. In many reviews folks say order a size or two up from your normal size...I'm hoping someone can confirm this is true for the larger waste sizes too?

I wear a size 42 and have been burned before ordering above my size based on owner feedback...later to find that the pants did not run big in the larger waste sizes. So, at size 42, should I still order up a size? Thanks.

9. Bagnerd

Bagnerd Loaded Pockets

In my case definitely NO.
    They fit true to size and have baggy upper legs and seat.
    I wear size 35x32 and ordered 36x32
    I can wear an IWB Holster with these

10. x98myers7

x98myers7 Loaded Pockets

anyone have a coupon or promo for reduced shipping? i'd like to buy a pair to try, but $9 shipping for a $16 pair of pants is pretty absurd.

11. epg1013

epg1013 Loaded Pockets

the 15% end of year discount is in effect, i think i will be getting my true size and hope for the best.

12. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

I have 5 pair love them. I buy them when there is free shipping and or a discount on there web site.

13. GearAdDiCtIoN

GearAdDiCtIoN Loaded Pockets

I've heard they typically run a size small is this true?

14. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Wearing a pair right now, the older model with the pocket at the ankles. They fit WELL. With the elastic model, the measurements are with the elastic fully stretched out. I vary between 32 and 30 depending on how much I work out etc. These work perfectly, but I can imagine them being tight if I were a true and full 32. If you're getting the elastic ones, you could easily go an inch up without suffering.

15. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I'm thinking of getting some of these pants, but I was wary of some of the reviews on the site saying the plastic zippers were always failing. I don't see too much of that here in this forum. But one thing is almost universal...order a size up because they run small. I might try one in coyote.

16. TimmE

TimmE Loaded Pockets

I have four pairs I wear at work (LEO.) 3 are elastic and one is velcro. The elastic is more comfortable. One pair I had to sew the button back on right out of the package and another pair the stitching on the Velcro for the cargo pocket came undone. Other than that I have no complaints. I've been wearing them for over a year. I accidentally put my open knife in one of the pockets and it stabbed through. The rip stop fabric works.

defuse kit likes this.
  17. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Very happy with these pants. One back pocket button fell off, but no zipper problems.