1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kydex sheath screw mounts

Discussion in 'Knives' started by dimeotane, Nov 12, 2016.

1. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

I'm interested in belt mount options for sheaths. Anyone know if there's a standard / universal measurement between the screws on kydex /plastic sheaths?

like this schf58
    [​IMG]

or these examples
    [​IMG]

I love this simple mod to add a nylon belt loop!
    [​IMG]

And I'm curious if these holes on a small neck knife like the schf16 be screwed to a belt loop.
    [​IMG]

I've no experience with doing mods like this so hopefully some experts here might know more!

2. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

USUALLY, though by no means all of the time, Kydex and plastic sheaths are made to fit a Bladetech Tek Lok on at least two holes on at least one side. That's a common attachment method for molded sheaths, so a lot of makers allow for it. However, there is no standardization for attachment methods. The easiest way to ensure that your attachment will fit the sheath is to either use the maker's provided attachment for that knife or to make it yourself. The nylon screw-up belt loop would be fairly simple to make. Cut a piece of Kydex to the right size, punch a couple of holes to hold the loop and correspond with the holes in the sheath, rivet or screw a nylon loop to the Kydex plate, then use Chicago screws to attach the whole shebang to the sheath.