1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kwispelhond's own little corner on the big interwebz

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by kwispelhond, Oct 8, 2015.

1. kwispelhond

kwispelhond Loaded Pockets

Yes it was :cry: :furious: Might just buy it again but then... why not something else for a change? Not jet decided on this.

2. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

There is nothing wrong with sticking to your standard if it is a great knife. I bought a Mora 510 (and a spare) to retire the Mora 510 I have had since I was a kid (and was handed down to me from my grandpa). A great knife is hard to replace.

That being said, variety is the spice of life, just get two knives! :)

3. kwispelhond

So, another mail call, some stuff I ordered for the BLF SE:

First off, the short battery tube: I don't have a 16340 or 18350 at this moment but just wanted the tube before it was gone to have it complete. I like it short so may get me a 18350 or so (probably IMR) as it does look pretty handy like so. (put the Spartan in the picture for size-reference) One word of advice for those thinking "I need one of those", they come dry and without O-rings so BG sells a separate bag with 5 BLF SE O-rings for very little so get one of those also.
    [​IMG]

Next up, a sheath: I'm not gonna wear it on my belt but I like to have it covered when I throw it in a bag with assorted other stuff so it won't wear so fast, it's actually a perfect fit and good enough for my use. If you are looking for something like this yourself, read the reviews for the Chinese can't measure proper.
    [​IMG]

I liked the diffuser-cone for the Olight so much I wanted one for the BLF SE too so I got me this thingy: It's nowhere near the quality as the Olight one, made in soft and flexible silicone it's more like a extra thick condom for a horny gnome but it still kind of works thou it still gives somewhat of a beam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last up, a Convoy screw-on clip: The quality is much better than anticipated but as usual is the information given by BG completely off, they say that the holes are 6.7mm apart but they are more like 8.6mm apart. Will take much more modding than anticipated so maybe I'll just order a second BLF SE clip from BG (for the short tube) and keep this one for the Convoy light I'll probably gonna buy anyway.
    [​IMG]

Pscl, Gallows, survivorman and 11 others like this.
  4. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

Diggin' the new avatar [​IMG]

A belated happy new year to you too mate!

5. Ben Rubinstein

The BLF light doesn't come with any O rings?

6. kwispelhond

No, it even has 2 spares but the short battery-tube comes with none. I just like to have some extra, they do break and so you know.....:frantic:

7. Ben Rubinstein

I haven't even got mine and you've already got the short tube for me to lust after :D

8. kwispelhond

I'm getting old, was going to post this but did in another thread.....:( well :D post it here as well:

Someone got something he didn't wanted, I like it so thanks for the stuff, I'll be happy to use it:

[​IMG]

Pscl, Gallows, survivorman and 8 others like this.
  9. kwispelhond

Weird, I have this cheap pry-tool in my pockets since a few days and today I actually had a job for it. A heavy hatch had to come out of the floor for checking the water-meter, normally I would search for a big screwdriver but remembered the tool in my pocket so jammed it in. Now this thing is heavy so I had to stand on the tool to make it move (and I'm 104kg!) and you know what! It worked and the pry-tool is still in one piece, not even bent or so. :)

Pscl, theirishboxer, Gallows and 4 others like this.
  10. kwispelhond

I got this card-organizer and inside was this: a credit card-light! Never seen one of those before, it's a bit of a gimmick but could be handy as an emergency light......., now where to put it?

[​IMG]

11. kwispelhond

Today I had an impulse buy, was in a big sports- and outdoor shop and they had sale so I bought a new knife, or rather a new SAK like I need one more of those. Well, 40% off I couldn't refuse so here's my first Alox, A silver Pioneer:

[​IMG]

It is as I expect from Victorinox flawless and feels nice and solid. I really like the thicker stock used for the blade and thou 11g heavier than the Spartan and just a bit longer, it's also some flatter en more narrow so I like how it disappears in my pocket but will miss the corkscrew thou.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pscl, survivorman, Antithetik and 4 others like this.
  12. kwispelhond

Also had a mail call today, it's the ultimate Chinese survival gadget!! Now, I was actually looking for a mobile thermo- and Hygrometer when I saw this thingy for just over 4 euro so I had to order it:

[​IMG]

Now, it can be opened and than we get:

[​IMG]

And there's even some hidden stuff like a mini-firesteel, a mini-striker, a split-pen and a emergency whistle:

[​IMG]

So, that's all good fun but I actually wanted to know how warm/cold and humid it is while camping and those scales said other things than the ones in my home. Temperature is easy as I have a good electronic device and that one says 18C as the gadget says 21C. That's more than 10% off and for something as easy as a thermometer that's a lot!! The hygrometers are more tricky so I decided to calibrate them with the "salt-method", just some wet, not dissolved, sea salt in a closed container gives perfect 75% humidity so lets see:

[​IMG]

Well, the one hanging with my guitars reads 75% dead-on, the Chinese gadget isn't even on 65% so at least 12% off makes it......, well..., a piece of junk actually...... :( Well, I still have a compass (pretty accurate actually), a emergency light (yes, there's a little led-light in there), a signaling mirror, an emergency whistle, a tiny fire-steel and striker, a magnifier lens with scales (cm and inch) and a spare split-pen so I feel rich again. :D

Maybe I gotta stop with this kind of junk..............................

13. kwispelhond

Bought some new shoes this weekend, in a shop that is for I find it very hard to find a pair that actually are comfortable. This is a brand I've never heard of before called "Waldläufer" but I liked these the best I could find.

[​IMG]

Lou_G, MTFatboy, Gallows and 8 others like this.
  14. kwispelhond

[​IMG]

The background in this picture is some ice in a black bucket outside, made the ice very dark.

Lou_G, survivorman, Gallows and 7 others like this.
  15. kwispelhond

EDC with some other old watch I managed to get looking good again, this one had a really bad scratched up glass but was the easiest to polish out of them all. It still runs on it original first battery (well past the 10 years the promised) and still was on the right date and time, pretty impressive for a cheaper watch. :)

[​IMG]

Lou_G, No Agenda, survivorman and 7 others like this.
  16. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

They look like a decent pair of boots..

No Agenda, Gallows, Patrick87 and 3 others like this.
  17. Ben Rubinstein

Cool background!