1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kwispelhond's own little corner on the big interwebz

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by kwispelhond, Oct 8, 2015.

1. kwispelhond

kwispelhond Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the offer and the likes,

I was probably a bit harsh on my first impression! It is indeed very small and light and I was amazed that I was able to read the license-plate of the last car in my street (probably 50m away or so), so I'll first give it a fair chance in my pocket to see if I'll find it useful.

2. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

That's good to hear. Keep us posted and the offer remains ;)

3. kwispelhond

So yet another mail call, one of those small items you'd just come along and think "well, that could be handy". I once saw this locally and was amazed at how expensive it was over here, but those Chinese delivered it at my door for just 2,24 euro, did take it's time thou, almost a whole month but as long as it gets here in one piece I ain't complaining:

It's the original Olight white-cone diffuser, to make the flashlight a lantern.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, as expected, it fits perfect and seem to give a nice even light all around, one thing I didn't know is that it's also green glow-in-the-dark stuff , it doesn't look very green when on but I'm not yet sure if I like the green glowie part.

Last edited by kwispelhond, Dec 2, 2015
  4. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Very nice!

Is it for a S1? Or does it fit one? If so... could you let me know where you got it for that remarkable price?

5. kwispelhond

It doesn't say so on the card and I believe the S1 has a smaller head so it will probably not fit the S1. They do make one especially for the S1 thou for it was shown in the Olight-tread.

Oh man, I looked for it at the Olight site and yes the S1 has a smaller and narrower head and now I want a S2. :inlove: :mad:

This one came from a less dependable but pretty cheap source: Gearbest.

6. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info! S2? A new model I guess... a bit longer than the S1 I see. It never stops I guess. ;)

7. kwispelhond

As for the watches, I took the advice from madlag and started polishing. It is a slow process but it's obviously working:

[​IMG]

Almost there but it's hard to get the deep stuff out, especially the pit in the right one just above the "e" and "l" (where it says 'jewels"). I wonder if it's wise to cheat a bit and go mechanical on them?

8. kwispelhond

It's basically a S1 made for a 18650 battery (thou it is slightly wider too but so is it's battery).

9. madlag

madlag Banned

You can but you have to be carful because the plastic will get hot and soften. Step up to a harsher abrasive by hand to take out the deeper scratches then go back with the lighter polish you've been using up to this point. That make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. madlag

madlag Banned

They're looking REAL good btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. kwispelhond

Yes it does, thanks for the advice, as you can see it's really working out pretty good.

12. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

Nice little thread you have here. :)

13. kwispelhond

Well, thank you and thanks for the likes and the visit!

It might not be the hottest or most read thread out there but I like the way it is developing.

14. kwispelhond

How about this:

[​IMG]

No, I didn't had a bright idea, eureka moment or other brain-farts. We do live pretty high up on the map thou so or days are getting very short these days, it's hard to have a useful paddle trip of some distance without having some darkness and I actually like paddling in the dark so I have been thinking about a good round-shining headlight because as a small water-craft a round-shining white light is what we are supposed to have and I do share my paddle-universe with enough mostly much bigger boats so I want to been seen at night without loosing my night-vision.

So when I saw the cone, first thoughts where "now that could work with a good headband and the S15" so I directly went to look for a headband I liked and bought it shortly after the cone, it just arrived some earlier. So I tried this on my head, over a beanie and on my favorite hat (yes, the same as in my avatar) and it all just seems perfect, I really believe I have found a good solution to a problem that nagged me for years. Well, first I give it a good try before I get too excited but I feel pretty happy how this plan seems to work out.

15. kwispelhond

When I pick up a guitar at home to play some it's going to be this one, my Gibson AJ (=Advanced Jumbo):

[​IMG]

16. kwispelhond

Hey, another mail call from China, this one made it in 10 days and it was a long anticipated one :frantic: .

It's the Manker A6 BLF SE with 5000k 3D led:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Keeppower 3400mAh I had laying around for it is a pretty tight fit, that one will not rattle for sure but it's in there and it works (the Keeppower's are known to be on the big side but are fine cell's).

[​IMG]

So, in comparison with my other 18650 light, the TN12, you can see that 23mm shorter and 1,4mm narrower are well visible and also well noticeable in the pocket. I do still like the TN12 but because off it's many features in it's shape it holds very nice but is not the easiest to get in and out of a pocket so I was looking for something smaller and a more straight form.

[​IMG]

Another thing I wanted was that the new light would have more spill as the TN12 is a bit on the throw side, you can see the difference between the smaller and OP-reflector in the A6 and the bigger and deeper SMO-reflector in the TN12.

[​IMG]

Now starts the long wait for darkness, it seems to work fine and looks perfect but boy is that clicky sensitive, will take some getting used too it I guess.

So EDC today:

[​IMG]

Last edited by kwispelhond, Dec 4, 2015
  17. Here Comes The BOOM

Those watches looks great again!

Personally I would just leave them like that, keep the little dink as a reminder to be more careful next time perhaps?

I also really like your hat, I don't know which brand they are but is that the one they sell at Bever?

18. kwispelhond

I was thinking about that, i.r.l. they actually look pretty good again.

The hat is an Australian made Barmah Squashy indeed bought at Bever at a sale. Buying a hat is even harder than buying shoes, very hard to find one that fits just perfect like this one does for me.

19. Here Comes The BOOM

I thought it looked familiar [​IMG]

I tried one on over a year ago and really liked it but didn't buy it because of the price. I still keep thinking about it though, so perhaps I should just bite the bullet and get one next time they have a sale again. I got some 20% off coupons not too long ago but I think those already expired again.

20. kwispelhond