1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kwispelhond's own little corner on the big interwebz

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by kwispelhond, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't have the little booklet that came with my GB handy which has all the info, but I believe they have around 27 or 28 blacksmiths working there at the moment.

Not many of them can forge their mini hatchet though, mine was done by KS:

[​IMG]

Vesp, Patrick87, ManVsLawn and 7 others like this.
  2. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

I don't have the booklet anymore. But did check their internet page. There the smiths can be found. A pitty they don't mention when the smith was working there or still is.

3. Here Comes The BOOM

Coincidentally I just happened to go through some stuff last night and I actually came across "Het Bijlen Boek". As it turns out I had the number wrong, there are 12 blacksmiths mentioned in the little book. So far we've seen the work of Anders Strömstedt, Ulrik Nilsson and Kjell - Ake Sjölund right here in this thread :D

Vesp, Patrick87, ManVsLawn and 3 others like this.
  4. kwispelhond

kwispelhond Loaded Pockets

So, wanna know where most of the budget went?

[​IMG]

On Edge, Vesp, sungame and 14 others like this.
  5. Here Comes The BOOM

Nice! [​IMG]

Is that a Gibson or a Epiphone on the left (former gold top perhaps?), and what make is the western on the right (both on the wall)?

I started out on a imitation Strat that looks just like yours btw, but I'm guessing yours is the real thing :rolleyes:

6. kwispelhond

Most left is a Gibson Les Paul Standard, it is a natural-top from new but colored more golden-yellow with the years, I bought it new in 1978.

The hanging western is a Ibanez York from 1972, actually a pretty good guitar but nowadays rarely played because of the Gibson AJ that stands right under it. I learned playing on it but is now mostly used to have an alternate tuned guitar ready to grab.

The black Strat is indeed original, it's a AV57'RI I have since the mid 90's.

On Edge, Vesp, Patrick87 and 6 others like this.
  7. QuodErat

QuodErat EDC Junkie!!!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing that.

8. Here Comes The BOOM

Oh cool, I didn't know they made those with a natural wood look but I occasionally see a used one come by that's been stripped so that's why I thought that may have been the case with yours as well.

I was only 5 in '78 by the way, thanks for making me feel young again :)

The Ibanez looks a lot like a Simon and Patrick my buddy owned when I started playing, so much so that I was almost certain that it was the same guitar. That old Simon & Patrick was the nicest guitar I've ever played on. Everything was so smooth on it and it sounded so nice, I never found another guitar that played that effortlessly and was so forgiving where it comes to little flaws nobody hears but you when playing.

I don't play that often anymore these days though, maybe once or twice a year the mood hits me. At one point I got bored playing what I already mastered and I never found the discipline to start learning new things again. I guess I got stuck in the rhythm section somehow and that kinda drowned the passion eventually.

I might pick it up again one day though, time will tell :)

Patrick87, kwispelhond, JPE and 5 others like this.
  9. kwispelhond

In the early 70's many where stripped so Gibson started making them until the early 80's but then stopped making them other than only small series since so they are rather rare and when you see one they're mostly from the 70's like mine. The picture at home is with bad lightning and flash, i.r.l. the guitar is much more golden-like so most think it is a goldtop, here's a stage-picture that shows the real color better:

[​IMG]

That makes the Ibanez older than you :giggle: (and me pretty old :eek::cry:)

Never played one but heard a lot of good things about those Simon & Patrick's, shame they went bust. Personally I don't like my acoustics's too smooth and low, I like it when the strings have enough room to ring and live and playing is done loud en physical.

I've actually have not met any musician yet who've never had a period in their live when they felt like being stuck and without direction. I myself have had a period of 5 years without playing one single note, then somebody called me asking if I felt like playing some and have been in bands again since. At this moment I play 2 bands and some projects so one day the bug may bite you again. Personally I need to play with other people to keep my motivation so that might be a tip that works for you too.

Last edited by kwispelhond, Nov 2, 2015
    Vesp, ManVsLawn, Patrick87 and 5 others like this.
  10. Here Comes The BOOM

Yay, that's pretty golden indeed, I would not have expected it to look like that after that first pic you posted.

Thanks for educating me on some Less Paul history as well [​IMG]

There was still plenty of action left on my buddies S&P by the way, so that's not the reason why it was so smooth and forgiving. We never really figured out why it played the way it did, it just did somehow [​IMG]

Lets hope it's just a temporary drought then. I must admit I do like the idea of playing with others though, but frankly I'm so busy with other things right now that I wouldn't know where to find the time at this point in life.

Maybe some day though, thanks for the tip anyhoe [​IMG]

11. kwispelhond

So, I ordered some small things from China, this is the first one, not actual EDC stuff but enough people over here like this kind off stuff. It took it's sweet time on a slow boat but they ship free so I ain't complaining.

Can you guess what it is, I'm talking about the brown sheath, the Dutch Oven I've had for some time now:

[​IMG]

Unpacked ready for assembly:

[​IMG]

By now most will have guessed it, it's a tripod for using the Dutch Oven on a fire, this is the lowest it goes:

[​IMG]

And this is the highest position with this pan:

[​IMG]

So what do I think of it? It's quality is no disappointment, it looks good and comes together nice and easy. It it smaller than expected thou and even some smaller than advertised but I wanted something small and light so I'll just give it a go and see how it works out, if you got a bigger pot than my 3qt. Dutch Oven, I'd suggest you'd look for a bigger one.

microbe, On Edge, Vesp and 13 others like this.
  12. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Very nice. I bought a similar setup a few years ago the the tripod legs don't collapse like yours. A lot of fun to be had in your near future :D

On Edge, ManVsLawn, Patrick87 and 3 others like this.
  13. kwispelhond

Thanks for the visit and likes Nekolf .

14. kwispelhond

Hope so, already have used the Dutch Oven a lot but up til now always like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, that way it's easy to control the temperature but on a open fire it is a lot more difficult, looking forward to give it a try.

Vesp, ManVsLawn, Patrick87 and 7 others like this.
  15. Nekolf
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nekolf EDC Junkie

You are very welcome. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.:)

Is the adjustable wrench of the Ranchhand sturdy? I was going to buy that last year but sold out here. It looks very useful.

ManVsLawn, Gundose, Patrick87 and 3 others like this.
  16. kwispelhond

Well, I haven't broken it yet so it's not weak :D , I like it because it is very flat, light and small and has a pretty stiff pocket-clip but just don't expect "Leatherman" quality thou I do find it pretty useful myself. It would be better if they made the pliers a bit longer and thinner thou.

17. kwispelhond

Big tent:

[​IMG]

Hardly use this one, it's just too big for me alone but it is nice to stand while dressing and have a place to sit in the rain. I like it on hot days too as it doesn't warm up like my small one does, dislike it for the same reason on colder days.

18. Nekolf
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nekolf EDC Junkie

Haha, I will keep it in mind but thank you very much for the info.;)

19. kwispelhond

Patrick87 thanks for the visit and the like-strike. :)

20. Patrick87

Patrick87 Loaded Pockets

You're welcome. :wavespin: