1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

kurts Mini EDC Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Kurt S., Jan 9, 2010.

1. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

2. Third°

Third° Loaded Pockets

Have you seen the Maxpedition Toadstool? A smaller bag that could fit all that stuff inside. I don't like my stuff showing.
    [img width=640 height=618]http://www.orcuttjewelry.com/max_toadstool.jpg[/img]

3. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I can't find the Toadstool on the maxped site. Know where I can see a pic?

4. Kurt S.

Kurt S. Empty Pockets

5. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

Good job on the bag, Kurt.

I am also in the process of minimizing and streamlining my edc. I've been really culling what I use and don't use and redoing pouches and bags. Currently, I'm waiting for my EOD bag to arrive from CC. ;D

robert

6. Third°

Third° Loaded Pockets

They're still around. Google it.

7. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

I always thought Med tactile with Mcap on front and two Tactical tailor vertical E&E's on the back would be a dandy.Toadstools may still be available on the magforce site.

8. 1stcavmp77

1stcavmp77 Loaded Pockets

now that is a sweet little setup. i really like that as a way to have a smaller edc setup for different situations and it looks like it would fit pretty well inside another bag.

ok guys i need some help with the dimensions of the large tactile. the measurements listed for it are 8.5x6.5x1.5. but they don't give the total volume and i don't know how to figure that part out. help please? i'm thinking about doing a similar setup to Kurt's but with a large and i could probably fit all my on body edc into/onto it along with my fak and greatly simplify things for myself. thanks for your help guys.

9. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

Volume = L x W x H

8.5 x 6.5 x 1.5 = 83 cubic inches approx.

Is that what you were looking for?

10. 1stcavmp77

1stcavmp77 Loaded Pockets

hey yeah thanks alot. O0

hey guys what do ya think about a large tactile pouch with a cocoon on the bottom on one side and maybe a triad admin pouch on the other? i think i'd put at least one grenade pouch on there somewhere. how would you guys do a version of what kurt did with all maxped pouches?

11. qharjo

qharjo Empty Pockets

Normally I think MOLLE is more tacticool than practicool, but this is a pretty neat application! O0

12. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

looks good :)

I like both the idea of a modular kit, I also like the idea of paring down kits to what you need

my new project is somewhat similar, except it's centered around a 10x4 waterbottle holder- I'm going to add/mod things a little to try and get a light/fast woodsbuming kit so I can leave the pack home on certain occasions (winter not being one of those occasions :()

13. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

[img width=640 height=640]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/jlomein/0224k2_1135_detail.jpg[/img]

Ever since seeing the above photo on the Maxpedition website I have thought about using the Medium Tactile pouch as a base for a small shoulder bag. I lost interest thinking I wouldn't bother moving my essential gear back and forth between a streamlined Tactile pouch based shoulder bag and my regular Maxped Jumbo like EDC bag (a 5.11 SERE bag). The execution of your design looks excellent and has me chomping at the bit to create something similar. I've never liked the rigidity of the Tactile pouches material since its harder to stretch to get your hand into, but it probably works better here as a rigid platform to attach more pouches to.

14. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

bumping this old thread as I'm close to pulling the pin on either a large or medium TacTile to use as the base for a CCW shoulder bag- a light load consisting of pistol, spare mag, flex cuff, flashlight, cell phone and a few misc small items

15. rawdog1

rawdog1 Empty Pockets

man i like that plain and simple

16. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

the toadstool max bag looks like a M-1 or a M-5 to me....my first maxpedition bag was a monkey adm pouch. originally i got it as a small tool bag.
    at my work i use a huge tool bag ... many times i need it and other times i just need a few tools... so the monkey pouch works perfectly

most days my edc works with pocket and belt carry....but many times i use the monkey adm pouch for added edc ... today was a rare edc day.
    i had so many things to carry and so many things to do i used my condor backpack and of course the monkey came along for the ride

17. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Loaded Pockets