1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kurt's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by BigKurtHaze, Nov 20, 2015.

1. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

BigKurtHaze Loaded Pockets

A few pics from the weekend. Saturday carry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was only carrying the Becker very briefly today, cleaning up some downed tree limbs in the yard.
    [​IMG]

Here Comes The BOOM, I've mostly just been to lazy to get around to reprofiling the 0452. I use my Sharpmaker for most of my sharpening, reprofiling on that tends to be a bit of a chore. I was practicing my free handing using some DMT stones on my Adamas this weekend, but I really cheaped out, my set is tiny. I might upgrade to larger ones, we'll see. The idea of having a full regrind done on the 0452 appeals to me, seems like that would really unlock the full slicey potential.
    All of the anodizing on my ZTs was done by USA Made Blade.

2. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

Gotcha. I only got some cheap ceramic bench stones myself but they do the job, as long as I don't get too lazy myself anyways :)

That's cool, I didn't know Whitty did that. I've had a 12" Fiddleback machete in pre-order with him for a while now.

3. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

4. Liquid Pogy

Liquid Pogy Loaded Pockets

Can you please tell me your impressions with the gayle bradley 2? I am thinking about getting one so your thoughts about it would be nice :oops:
    P.s. is it middle finger flickable (hope I spelled that right)?

5. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Another unheated dump, new construction this time, note the electric isn't hooked up.
    [​IMG]

Liquid Pogy, the Bradley 2 is very nice, I like it a lot. I don't know if you tried the first one, the 2 is not the same, overbuilt tank of a knife. It's a slimmer, lighter, more EDC friendly package. It doesn't have quite the same resonant "thunk" the first one has when you open it and the lock engages. The liner lock has the same limited accessibility as the first one, to prevent accidental disengagement when in use, but is easier to disengage, and less violent to your thumb when doing so. The thing I don't like about it are the scales, I'm just not a fan of Spyderco's carbon fiber laminate. I'm planning on having custom scales made for it, but the knife budget has been kinda out of control lately, trying to exert just a little self control. Middle finger flickability is excellent.

6. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mail call!
    [​IMG]
    More band-aids, and another numbered Spydie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    M4 tonight! Let the magic smoke out of my purple vape, the red will have to do for now.
    [​IMG]

7. Liquid Pogy

Liquid Pogy Loaded Pockets

BigKurtHaze Thank you so much for the answer and your impressions. I have not tried the first one because I am not a fan of "overbuilt" knives. Everything that you sad now makes me want it even more :oops:. The scales are not something that bothers me at so i guess the knife has no flaws other than that :D.

Also keep us updated with your nice pictures of gear and dogs! I am enjoying your thread a lot!

8. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

After work dog walk, still had work knives on me. Tzolly says hi.
    [​IMG]

This evening's carry. Loving the Mantra. Maybe I need a head blasted Ti S1, but I think what I really need is a Zebralight SC63w.
    [​IMG]

And dinner. Pulled pork and provolone.
    [​IMG]

9. Patrick87

Patrick87 Loaded Pockets

Great thread, great knives and adorable dogs you have there.:wavespin:

10. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Thanks for stopping in, Patrick. Hi, Calico. Here's a couple of gratuitous dog pictures, headed to work Tuesday. They don't usually come with me, but it was a long day out of town, so I brought them along to terrorize the jobsite. Job was out of cell range and I left my phone in the truck, or there'd be a cute shot of Pebbles helping me in the sewer trench. I would like topping out that the seemingly off-topic pictures were taken on my EDC iPhone 6s (quadruple pink in its 3 tone pink case), and I'm just posting them here so everyone can appreciate the capabilities of this piece of EDC gear. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. fast

fast Loaded Pockets

That Mantra is very, very nice!
    Please stop posting pictures of it! ^^

Nekolf, ManVsLawn, Antithetik and 5 others like this.
  12. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

fast, I'd stop posting pictures of it if I could kick it out of my pocket. I think the steep thumb ramp is the key to the ergonomics.
    [​IMG]
    I can't get over how well this thing fills the hand for such a little knife. Handle is the same length as my Dice, yet my XL hand gets a legit four finger grip, of course with no choil.
    [​IMG]
    The Mantra was my "big" knife today.
    [​IMG]
    Pebbles, with her EDC, GITD frisbee.
    [​IMG]
    Indian for lunch.
    [​IMG]

13. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

I know I mentioned self control, but that was like 8 posts ago. Mail call!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. QuodErat

QuodErat EDC Junkie!!!

What a beast!:frantic:

15. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Why thank you, sir. While not really exceptional in my collection for its size, it sure is a hefty thing. The only knife in the picture that outweighs is is the Benchmade, by two tenths of an ounce or so.
    [​IMG]
    The detent is is perfectly firm, I don't remember an opening fail today, I just tried several times. If it clears the detent, it locks up, unless the blades path is obstructed. Very little material removed from the liners, the lanyard hole is fully a third of the skelotonizing on the show side liner, lock side liner has more material removed as lock bar relief. KVT pivot is as smooth as any of my Ti ZTs, factory edge is as sharp as I've seen from ZT. Very happy with this piece.

16. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Somehow made it out of the house without my Zebralight this morning.
    [​IMG]

17. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha sir,

Just stopping by to check on you as well as...

PEBBLES and TZOLLY!!!:inlove:
    Glad you are all doing well, and good score on the Mantra sir!
    Be safe!

Nekolf, rangetroop, Patrick87 and 3 others like this.
  18. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

The Albino Yeti, de Vries, glad you guys made it in, thanks for stopping by. Thanks everybody for all the likes. Daywalker, always a pleasure to have you stop in. Definitely digging the Mantra.

Been meaning to get into pics of my backpack, people around here seem to be so fascinated by that. Had an ultimate frisbee game this afternoon, so all my carry items went into my bag.
    [​IMG]
    The Rat 1 has been living in there for the past couple weeks. I really like the detachable key fob that clips in right on top of the small pocket to keep the keys nice and accessible. Just scratching the surface of what's in there with this post.

19. BigKurtHaze
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Tonight's carry and tonight's curry, with Tiger Cry salad and sticky rice.
    [​IMG]