1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kuhl?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Tyler Johnson, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Tyler Johnson

Tyler Johnson Loaded Pockets

Hey all, just wanting to hear some firsthand experience when it comes to Kuhl pants. I've been looking into them and TAD pants lately. Not sure which I want to pull the trigger on though. Thanks for any help you can provide me with!

Tyler

2. holygoat

holygoat Loaded Pockets

I just ordered some Ryders. Tried on those and the Raw Riot jeans. They seem well made, athletic fit gives me room to move, functional pockets, gusset is excellent (just about mandatory on pants for me now), and they seem tough.

I was slightly disappointed by the durability, usability, and looks of the Duluth flex firehose pants I'm wearing now – the pockets are too deep and low, and I tore a gash in them on a tiny screw – so trying to find something that's a little better looking and fits my needs more closely.

Also to consider: Vertx (lighter weight, slightly more tactical), Duluth (see above, but definite value there).

3. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I have both and you can't go wrong with either. Pull the trigger on one and get the other later.

4. jv6509

jv6509 Loaded Pockets

I agree with TARFU. Both are very good pants and will last you a long time.

5. Tyler Johnson

Awesome, thanks guys

6. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

I was recently in a Backwoods and hemmed and hawed about the price of Kuhl pants, but bought a pair of Renegades. Love them. Very comfortable material, very easy to move in, not loud and swishy. I will be looking at more of their stuff soon.

7. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

I own and love their hats

8. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Love their Renegade pants (and shorts)

I have a couple of other pairs of their pants which are great too, but a heavier material (so they are too hot for summer, and i dont wear them much in winter as i prefer the Renegades, with their DWR coating (they dry real quick too)

9. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got a jacket made by Kuhl, pretty nice jacket. I wouldn't mind some pants made by them.

10. zoran

zoran Loaded Pockets

I'm 6' 4" and TAD pants are a 'tad' too short for me, even though quality is great. Kuhl pants come in 36 inseam for us tall folks and I recently purchased Kuhl Renegade. Fantastic quality and fit. Really comfortable. I guess you can't go wrong with either but Kuhl's are cheaper and IMO as good if not better than TAD pants.

11. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

I have a couple pairs of the rydrs which I literally wear about everyday, and I'm actually wearing a seasoned pair of them right now as I type. They're amazing and ridiculously comfortable. I have travelled in their liberators and have a pair of renegades which you cannot go wrong with in summers or traveling as well. WELL worth the money.

12. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Kuhl makes good stuff. I included their Renegade shorts in my Functional Shorts review.

13. Tyler Johnson

The more I've been researching, I may end up starting with Kuhl's. The local outdoor store carries them and I can't help but look at them all the time. Seem extremely comfortable and durable at the same time

14. undert0e

undert0e Empty Pockets

I run into the problem with the length. I have tall skinny syndrome (32x34) and have only been able to find Khuls in 32 Length. Bought a pair on sale that I deemed could work for the price but ended up cutting them into shorts which are now my summer go-to. Wish I had a pair of pants that fit.

15. Tyler Johnson

I'm an easy fit (30x32) so I normally don't have any issues

16. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

The Revolvr pants are my favorite. They're available in 32X34 on the Kuhl website.

undert0e likes this.
  17. zoran

zoran Loaded Pockets

They actually have quite a few different models with 34 inseam available to purchase on their site. Even 36 inseam.

undert0e likes this.
  18. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

34"? Whoa, you guys got long legs! (I'm 6'4" but only wear a 30" inseam.... Then again I have a heck of a time finding shirts long enough, so I feel your pain..)

Do they make anything with a waist bigger than 40? All the sites I've looked at for the Ryders stop at 40... Not like I need anything excessively big these days, 42 could work, and 44 would be perfect(ok technically 43 would be perfect, but Nobody does 1" increments..)

Its not like I need a $75 pair of work pants, heck the $50 I pay now is excessive,( but worth it) but these things really sound interesting..

19. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Most of the Kuhl pants are available in waist sizes up to 42. Just look on their website at kuhl.com

AK Adventurer likes this.
  20. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

Grabbed a pair of Kuhl pants for $6 at a thrift store last week. Very comfy, sturdy, thick material. Worth $30 for sure, but $75-90 for made in China pants is kinda crazy... but hey, we're the country that outsourced our non-working government health website to a foreign country ;)