1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kuhl brand clothing ...

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by BlackBeardActual, Oct 8, 2015.

1. BlackBeardActual

BlackBeardActual Loaded Pockets

Anyone else sporting the awesome brand "KUHL" pants??
    Or any of their clothing for that matter?

I've heard it mentioned repeatedly here in the forum and aware they make quality stuff but, curious how EDC friendly the new line of pants in particular really are??
    I can never find the model or sizes needed to fully try 'em out. And not a big fan of buying a $100 pair over and over to find the magic pair or size.

And when I say EDC, yes I mean concealed carry guns as well as stuffed pockets.
    I often find "the perfect pants" but quickly find fitting all my EDC especially a gun IWB rapidly kills the excitement.

Any CCW fans got suggestions or similar issues other than the typical "just go up a size" line??

PICS IF YA GOT 'EM PLS !!

2. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I'm not a fan of the look of their pants...way too many off-coor threads. But, I've tried on a couple and had no problems carrying aiwb in them...without going up a size.

But, I don't have to go up a size to carry aiwb...most of my pants are a little big at the waist anyway because I actually have a butt.

I have one of their shirts and like it a lot. It was on clearance at REI and a size small...so my gun keeps making the bottom button pop off (seriously, sewed it back on like 5 times now), but it looks good and works otherwise.

3. TankTop5

TankTop5 Loaded Pockets

Following this thread, I destroy clothes and especially pants.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I have tried their merino line. Those garments appear to be well-crafted. I passed on this product line because most of what I tried are too tight at the chest and shoulders.

5. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I have 2 Liberator Convertibles and 1 Ryder and they're among my favorites pants. The Ryder's seems tougher than jeans to me, although mine are still newish. The Liberators are more of a summer weight and I have to say that I reserve them for travel - they meet an ideal light-weight/packable, multi-purposes, cargo pockets, reasonably tough, and near smart-casual appearance, that I prefer when having to lug bags with all my stuff. Pricy and tough to catch on good sales though.

I'll be buying more of their products.

6. BlackBeardActual

BlackBeardActual Loaded Pockets

Cool. they have a new line out and afew pair that are made to look like blue jeans I really wanna try out.

reppans likes this.
  7. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

I love their caps too

8. RobMann21

RobMann21 Loaded Pockets

I have seen them at REI and they look good, but not sure I can dish out on the price tags for pants/shorts.

9. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I have quite a bit of Kuhl in my wardrobe. Some of their pants are fairly durable. Others, not so much.

I size up by 1" in the waist to carry my single stack 9mm IWB.

I have several pairs of their Rydr and Revolvr pants as well as their Renegade shorts. The Rydrs are heavier than the Revolvrs but both have proven themselves to be more than adequate for daily wear.

The Renegade shorts are a soft shell type of fabric and pill quickly with wear. They take a beating pretty well for what they are but will quickly start to look well worn.

10. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Loaded Pockets

I love Kuhl pants for the gusseted crotches. IMHO, every pair of pants should have a gusseted crotch. Kuhl also has some pretty awesome pocket configurations. I have quite a few pairs of Kuhls, although my favorite models all seem to have been discontinued.

As far as sizing goes, it's hit or miss for me. Sizing is all over the board between models. I'm a size 34 in one mode, and a size 30 in another model. It's impossible to order online and be sure of the correct size.

But the Fiocci snaps totally piss me off. The minute you bend over or crouch down, the pants come unsnapped.

Kuhl - awesome pants with useless snaps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

11. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

I had a pair of black Kuhl pants. The dye completely washed out in a number of spots. I had to return them.

12. Kingfish

Kingfish Loaded Pockets

Il post a pic of some in my kuhl stuff when I get a moment. I love their designs and materials they use. Quick dry, light weight, breathable and use of the best hardwear make them worth every cent.

13. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

Picked up a pair of pants, a jacket, and a pullover a couple days ago... like it all so far. Seems comfortable, well made, and designed well.

First thing I noticed was that my EDC fits well in the usual places.

I'll buy more for sure.

--
    B.Haven

ArkansasFan30 and theirishboxer like this.
  14. Granville

Granville Loaded Pockets

I have had jackets and shorts from Kuhl. I like the hardware when its on the jacket/hoodies. But the snap on the shorts as someone else mention keeps pops open sometimes. The fabric and design are the best parts in my book. I hang dry all my cloths so I've had no issues with fading.

Enough pockets for EDC while not looking tactical. Very discrete. I do not have experience with the pants. The jacket and hoody sizing seem normal. They are cut athletic to slim so I like them alot and have had several. My latest purchase was the Collusion jacket. Luv its features and fit. Although priced more than other brands, I think the design and build makes them a fair value.

theirishboxer likes this.
  15. IgwanaRob
    • In Omnia Paratus

IgwanaRob Loaded Pockets

I have a couple of hats by them, best hats I currently own.

16. Kingfish

Kingfish Loaded Pockets

They have like 3 fits with pants and their sizes can run slim and others way big.

17. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

There are things I like about kuhl, including the apparent workmanship and some of the designs.

I don't think I like any of their materials. Everything I've seen is far too hot.

Then again, I think that's true of a great majority of the clothes I've tried lately.

18. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd share I picked up a pair of Kuhl pants in great shape at a thrift shop for $10. I have seen them on the rack before at Gander or REI or places like that before, and could never commit to the cost enough to even think about trying them. I was happy to find them at the thrift store and they seem super durable. Looks like they have only been worn a few times because they are like new. I knew they were a extra durable, but didn't really think about their carry capabilities at the time. Pretty stoked to land such a smokin deal.

twin63 likes this.
  19. CBisch

CBisch Loaded Pockets

I have four pairs of Kuhl pants, one Renegade and three Konfidant Airs. The Renegade has a very thick/ durable fabric and I only wear them on chillier days. I absolutely love my Konfidant Airs, they are super comfortable, have plenty of pockets for what I carry and they look like slim pants, they dont have any baggy pockets or anything. The lightweight fabric in them is perfect for the weather here in California.

20. Brisket

Brisket Loaded Pockets

My brother-in-law swears by them but I question their suitability for hard use. We were doing some grounds maintenance and junk hauling at the family lake cabin and his brand new pair of Kuhl stretch pants split out in the seat seam as he was climbing up into the attic. Sucked for him to be 2+ hours away from home without a spare pair of britches. Sucked for me to be standing below him when he was climbing into the attic. Some things you just can't un-see.

ItJustDiz and CBisch like this.