1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

kubatons

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by lightboy, Dec 5, 2006.

1. lightboy

lightboy Empty Pockets

Just curious.. Anyone EDC a kubaton on their keychains? Just received a few aluminum ones (in black & silver) from J & L Self Defense Products for my EDC setup.. Pretty nice, only $5 each.. can't wait to try'em out! :lolhammer:

2. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

I often times carry a version of a pocket stick.

3. redflare

redflare Empty Pockets

If I am not mistaken, certain states like Califronia, restrict their posession. Make sure to check with your local laws.

4. Emanuel

Emanuel Loaded Pockets

I carry a slightly modified koppo stick that I made myself out of "natural" canvass micarta.

5. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

:worthless:

6. traveler

traveler Loaded Pockets

I must admit I am not current with the Cali Penal Code. I guess it does'nt matter, since I don't carry a kubotan on my keychain.

I carry a Rick Hinderer Titanium fob on my keychain!

7. KSH62474

KSH62474 Loaded Pockets

Redflare, can you please tell me where you found this info? I have been looking all over the laws and i haven't been able to find a single thing on pocket sticks, or kubatons. I heard someone else say this as well but i've never really seen the hard evidence. A quote or site would help. Thanks

8. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Not too worried about the laws.  My pocket sticks usually doubles in function so that I can call it a bottle opener or something.

9. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Not sure about CA but in TX it would fall under this: Texas Penal Code 46.01-46.05  Pay particular attention to this: "an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument", the "adapted" part covers just about everything.

-LT

10. oregonshooter

oregonshooter Loaded Pockets

What no pics?

I carry an ASP defender on my keys so I have peppersray with me. I have a flashlight or knife I can use as a kubotan also, but the pepperspray I would not carry if it were not for the Deefender.

I make kubotans every now and then in aluminum and delrin, but don't carry them myself. Got too much stuff on me already. :)

I'm looking to start making some titanium ones as soon as I find material. Might carry that instead of the Defender and drop the PS since blazed Ti is too cool for school. :)

11. RGNY

RGNY Empty Pockets

i had a pointed aluminum one on my keys. very use for patdowns and searches (LEO), as well as cuffing compliance.

also a big fan of the Comtech Stinger. seems like the natural evolution of the kubotan.

12. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Man, what a silly law. That would make everything from toothpics to pom-poms illegal if used for self-defense.

edit: fixed quote

13. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I used to. Now I carry a comtech stinger, fits in the pocket better. For kubatons I usually just carry a Streamlight Baton Lite or one of my Inovas as an improvised kubaton.

14. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

15. lightboy

lightboy Empty Pockets

I've also checked up on California penal codes and haven't been able to find anything restricting kubaton keychains.. I have found where it says billy clubs or saps are prohibited though.. anyway, just FYI.. By the way, I haven't been able to post my pics of my kubatons but there are some pictured on the J & L website I listed at the start of this thread :)

16. CanDo

CanDo Empty Pockets

17. SpyderNoir_JHA

SpyderNoir_JHA Loaded Pockets

And that is tantamount to saying that the act of self-defense using anything other than one's body is illegal. Scary stuff.

18. sandbasser

sandbasser Loaded Pockets

At a recent LA Computer Fair in Pomona, CA, I asked a couple of police officers about 'civilians' carrying batons (of any kind - collapsing or not) and they said it was a felony. This was right after Mr Snoop Dog was busted at John Wayne Airport in Orange County CA for having one in his carry on computer case - oddly enough, neither officer that I talked to knew anything about that bust; but, they did 'know' that batons were illegal.

19. lcranston

lcranston Loaded Pockets

It is a good thing Florida has a concealed weapons permit and not a firearms permit. Most things are legal as long as concealed if you have a permit.

20. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

I carry a transparent Comtech Stinger, too. Fits on my keys & the keys still fit in my pocket easily. I often had to carry my kubaton-ized keyring rather than pocket it &, inevitably, when I put it down on countertops of shops, supermarkets & banks I tended NOT to pick it up again!
    Cue panicky run back to shop/supermarket/bank when I reach my car & realize Ive left my keys behind!! (I carry the small spare car key in my wallet, now!)
    I may go Kubaton again, but the legalities in the UK are rather worrying (although I carry a Sting 1A & Buck Strider, so theyd "throw the key away" if they arrested me!) so I considered buying a AAA 2 cell Mini-maglite & using that as a Kubaton.