1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kriega / Krug R15 R20 / R35 backpacks

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mrsean2k, May 29, 2009.

1. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

Does anyone have experience of these backpacks? They're made specifically for motorcyclists, but they have a lot of appeal for pushbikes / mountain bikes and general EDC.

I particularly like the look of the harness system, but I was wondering if anyone knew if they were comfortable without the benefit of a leather biking jacket?

2. Jambo

Jambo Loaded Pockets

I bought a R35 last year, direct from Kriega. Great guys to deal with.

Wasn't much point in me buying any sort of bike luggage as I can't really get away for any longer than three, maybe four days really.

A few friends and I took our bikes across to France for a long weekend last year and took far more kit than I needed, bag weighed a ton but could hardly feel the weight when I had it on. I can understand why the bike press over here in the UK have been raving about them for years now. Very well made, I feel the build quality is excellent.

3. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

Thanks Jambo. Was this with the benefit of motorcycling leathers or was it pushbikes? I very rarely wear more than a T-shirt and a thin over-layer and I'd prefer not to look like I've been minced when I take my backpack off.

4. Jambo

Jambo Loaded Pockets

It was with a armoured textile jacket, in thickness terms probably not much difference between it and leathers.

I did have the R35 on with just a t-shirt a few times and it was fine, I didn't cover any great distance though.

From what I remember from the website, the rucksacks are designed to be worn by someone riding any sort of bike, MTB riders, road cyclists, off road Enduro motorbikes, all sorts use them over here in the UK. They're quite big over here with MTB'ers and I have a few friends who ride enduro bikes on trails who swear by them.

Bear in mind though they're really designed in terms of someone who's in the posture of riding a bike, motorbike e.t.c. in terms of weight distribution though, and IIRC they even say so on their website. If you're looking for something to use while whilst walking e.t.c. the majority of the time, I think you'd be better off looking at something else.

5. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

Cheers Jambo, it's mostly for mountain biking, usually Dark and White peak trails or we head off to Kielder or Wales sometimes. A bit of NCN for something relaxed, so it sounds like a goer.

6. Jambo

Jambo Loaded Pockets

No worries. Sounds good! Let me know what you think when you get one.

7. senfinger

senfinger Loaded Pockets

Bumping an OLD THREAD!!! Does anyone have a R20? thinking about purchasing one- or care to share info on the quality of the brand- I know it's 420d vs. my last bag was 1000 Cordura = )

8. TjPippa

TjPippa Loaded Pockets

I have a few of their bits and they are quality. Would highly recommend it. I have one of their tail packs on my bike which I use on a daily basis. Been using it in all weathers never once leaked!

9. senfinger

senfinger Loaded Pockets

Good to know was looking at this for a supersport bike EDC/commute = ) Thanks for the quick reply- anyone else?