1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

KODIAKman's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by KODIAKman, May 18, 2013.

1. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

My nightstand.
    [​IMG]

Took the kids for a walk today. They were happy to get outside:)
    [​IMG]

Then a date night with the wife. Watched Revenant. Pretty cool flick and I'd recommend it. I read the book several years ago and remember enjoying it as well. Then we went to a place that serves Caribbean/South American foods. It was amazing.
    [​IMG]

Then just a pic for the what's on your feet thread. This was an accidental picture that was taken when I was up in AK. After seeing it though it made me realize how dry the old redwings had gotten. I bought some new mink oil the other day and so today after a good clean, I oiled them up. Ill post pics tomorrow. Bought these 1229's back in the winter of 2005 when I was working outdoors in Montana. They kept my toes from freezing off. They only get worn from fall through winter because they are warm suckers, but ive put a lot of miles on them working and hunting over the years. I payed 400 dollars for them back then and they are the most expensive footwear I've owned to date, and worth every penny!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I love my Red wing boots. Expensive but worth it. I've never had a pair fail, just wear to the point of uselessness :giggle:

3. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

Great customer service as well. I wore the soles out on a different redwing work boot back then that was half the price. Took them in to be resoled and the guy said just get a new pair and pay the difference. That's how I ended up with these.

4. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

You're children are adorable!! That dinner looks delicious by the way..

I just recently oiled my work boots up after washing them due to poison oak and they feel great all refreshed. I have been looking at buying a pair of Red Wings for quite some time now and only hesitant because of the price and the break-in. I know they are definitely worth the money and I heard that they break in very well so I should't have any reservations. I love my boots to be nice and flexible so I'm hoping they break into something like that.

5. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

Thanks AndrwTNT! They are pretty awesome little rug rats and I love them to death.

I've owned three pair of redwings and they all broke in very quickly which I can't say about a few other work boots Ive owned. Not knocking Danners because I know there are alot of fan boys but I about made minced meat out of my feet with a pair back in the day. I wore them for 4 months with breaks when my feet got too sore. Never did break those suckers in. Gave them to my Dad because they were great looking boots and he kept calling me a tender foot. He didn't have any better luck and they got passed on to some other poor "sole"

6. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

Hahaha :rofl: "Tender foot" "poor 'sole'"

Well that's great to know.. I think I might go try a pair on in the coming weeks. I've hear that they should fit snug at first when you try them on because they stretch when they break in.. Have you found this to be the case, or do you wear true to size?

Thanks so much for the info!

7. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

*/
    No problem:) Sorry, I don't recall if they stretched much during breaking them in to tell you the truth. It's been awhile since I purchased a pair.

I do remember that the 1229's I ordered true to size because I knew I would be wearing thick socks or double socks all the time. The other pairs I bought 1/2 size smaller than my regular size, but that's because they seemed to run about a 1/2 size big. If you can make it to one of the Redwing stores though they are extremely helpful. Look forward to seeing pics if you end up getting a pair. I've had my eye on some Iron Rangers for awhile now.

8. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

I actually got a chance to stop by the Red Wing store on my way home from work, and I really loved the moc toe boots! I tried the Iron Rangers on and found them slightly narrow and I like my boots a little more bulky (if that makes sense) and there are no soles in the Rangers from what I understood. The Moc Toes were very comfortable and look like they would be great to break in. I think I might get those (but from another location… I'm not fond of the super pushy car salesman style of selling that the fellow who helped me had). I'll will definitely let you know if I end up picking some up!

9. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

AndrwTNT - my red wings break in after a few days, no problems.

I always get my boots a bit big - 8 hrs of mowing causes some swelling.

Also check into the boss toe for your boots. A bit more room for the piggies.

10. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

The Moc Toes look great. My buddy has a well worn pair that have great character. Bummer about the salesman. Not fond of the pushy types myself. And I really don't like being pressured when making what I feel is a large purchase. Good luck!

11. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

I met a buddy at the coast this last weekend and we went camping up in the costal range. Lots of critters and beautiful views but pictures were limited due to low battery on the phone and a usb charge cord that went caput. Tried out the new Bahco saw and it works great. The Kershaw quax ax on the other hand is sub par. I bought it because it was 10 bucks. It just doesn't have enough wedge to be a kindling splitter and not enough weight. Some day I'll get a nice little hatchet. For now the Schrade is a beast and makes for fun batoning.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last few days carry.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And date night with the Wifey carry.
    [​IMG]

A strop I recieved for Christmas. Haven't had time to play with it or the worksharp yet. It seems to be nice quality, but there are no markings other than made in USA and 30 stamped on top.
    [​IMG]

And just another little life hack to share. I don't know if it's just me but I always seem to own at least one pair of jeans with a zipper that wears out and won't stay up. Several years ago, after numerous times being caught with my barnyard door open, I came up with this simple fix. Adds another step to the bathroom routine but it works great and saves me from embarrassment:)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

12. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

Genius!!! :nerd: