1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. Patrick Fowler

Patrick Fowler Empty Pockets

wow I ask a simple question and it turns into a soap box... sorry I asked..I just wanted to know if anyone carries them..in bama it is a fine of no less than $50 and no more than $500 with possible jail time ... I don't carry knucks personally.. I do own them though.. I carry a gun every where I go because if the need arises to defend myself I want to make dang sure the assailant stops coming at me and my family

JustinJ, Cobra 6 Actual and Echo2 like this.
  2. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

Not sure how often you punch people or things in general but I know plenty of guys who break their own bones punching something empty handed. Also, you're talking about fist loads. The point of those is to absorb some of the impact that you receive from punching someone so that it hurts less which will, yes, enable you to hit them harder. If I recall, once boxers started using boxing gloves, head injuries increased for this reason.

3. emcdannell
    • In Omnia Paratus

emcdannell Loaded Pockets

It is a simple question but its also not. In PA the punishment is about the same for carrying brass knuckles as a small amount of weed. With that in mind what would you expect people to respond like if I made a thread "anyone edc an 1/8." When you make a post on a forum you gotta figure a couple people are gonna disagree

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Patrick Fowler

Patrick Fowler Empty Pockets

well I'm gone from EDC if a simple yes or now tunes into a law school

5. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I'll answer the OP's question as stated: no, sir, I don't carry them. But, I do own six or seven very cooly-designed ones. To me they're a collectible just like Atwoods. (I collect those, too; but don't carry them, although I used to carry the Atwood titanium whistle.)

I agree with what most of the others have written about there being better options available, but since that wasn't the thrust of your question I'll save that info for another time. Please stick around EDCF, even though it's true that sometimes someone accidentally hits someone else's "hot button" the nice thing about hearing unvarnished opinions, whether you agree with them or not, is that you'll be better able to form your own comprehensive opinion.

RoadWizard likes this.
  6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Got a set of real brass knuckles at home. Yeah, just a nice "conversation piece."

7. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Don't leave after such and short time hang around there's plenty to see and enjoy. I don't carry or own any knucks, illegal here and most other places too.

8. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Brass knuckles are actually quite capable in the right hands. While they may lack for reach, they carry and conceal well, and they amplify the users own combat abilities. How well they work really depends on the user. In the hands of physically fit user with some boxing experience they can be devastatingly effective. In the hands of the modern sedentary suburbanite, they're less than ideal.

Thank you for your unbiased opinion. :rolleyes_revamped:

Brass knuckles were designed to be an easily carried personal weapon. While they can be used offensively, one could argue that their small size and concealability make them better suited to defensive carry. Generally, the offensive user can usually pick the time and place, and can choose a bigger, better weapon (baseball bat, lead pipe, etc), while the defensive user must carry something that's small enough that it won't interfere with his daily activities (since he never knows when an attack will come).

Like all blunt-force weapons they can break bone, but they can also be used to strike soft tissue as well. Besides, the ability to break bone is not necessarily a bad thing. In a self-defense situation, you want to take the other guy out of the fight as fast as possible. You don't necessarily need to kill him to win, but you do have to convince him that it's in his best interest to stop.

Batons are, unfortunately, a felony in almost all states. They're kind of a so-so combat weapon in any case. They don't hit very hard, and are a very poor choice for trying to stop a determined attacker. If you're willing to risk the felony anyway, a blackjack is FAR more effective (police were forced to stop carrying them because they caused too many long term injuries and deaths!).

Sadly, for many folks this is as good as it gets. I've actually carried exactly this in California for a number of years, as getting a CCW license is virtually impossible in my county.:cry:

9. Undead

Undead Loaded Pockets

Just got these today [​IMG]

Rfpd29 likes this.
  10. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

Nope! my main defensive item is a 2005 Hyundai elantra. if someplace looks hazardous enough to make me want knucks or other self-defense gear, i'm not getting out of the car, or stopping the car - just gonna drive to someplace nicer. :)

0dBm likes this.
  11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was hoping to see some cool pics of different style knucks when I clicked. I am sure that most of the people that do carry these things know very well of the legal repercussions that they may face if caught. Soooooooooooo please share your pics.

Rfpd29, Renegador and brand0n like this.
  12. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Illegal detention/carry in my country.
    Nick

13. Renegador

Renegador Loaded Pockets

I too was hoping for pics. Let's just assume the OP said "SHOW ME YOUR KNUCKLES!", and belay the belly-aching and nagging and post some pics/chat about them instead! ;)

14. emcdannell
    • In Omnia Paratus

I don't even understand why this thread is still open. Yesterday a thread asking "who pays attention to knife laws" was closed because it was a discussion about breaking the law. Carrying knuckles IS breaking the law so how is this different

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

15. Renegador

Renegador Loaded Pockets

You do realize that "owning" and "carrying" are 2 different things. No one is advocating breaking the law...

16. emcdannell
    • In Omnia Paratus

the OP says"Does anybody carry and type of brass or other material knucks? and what kind do you carry" you do realize that reading and understanding are 2 different things?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

17. Renegador

Renegador Loaded Pockets

I apologize, I thought the OP had stated that they were legal where he lived, but it is actually a misdemeanor...

18. docer
    • In Omnia Paratus

docer Loaded Pockets

Yes. They are called "fatboy brass knuckles" i have real big fingers so i had to get something with big finger holes. I also had them engraved and have given away several sets of engraved knuckles to friends.

To be honest i dont carry them much anymore because they are very heavy and i dont want them banging up my phone or nice new knife. Letting a $15 pair of knuckles smash a $200 dollar phone or ding up a $100 knife just isnt good money handling. Also if you have cargos or anything on that is baggier and you try and jog out of the way of a car in a parking lot your gona find out just how effective those heavy bastards are on your most sensitive gear.

19. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Gonna wake this thread back up and see if I can stir up some conversation about the subject.
    Who is the maker of these? I know there are a lot of options on the scene nowadays and some of them are a bit pricey. I'm hearing that there are some more reasonably priced options.
    Anyone into Knucks?

Guarddog

Rfpd29 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  20. trickcarey

trickcarey EDC Junkie!!!!!

I carry this every day. I got it direct from Lucas Burnley, so it cost me about $130, however, it was a total stroke of luck that I got it direct. Second market prices are silly for these.
    Nicknuks are still a really good option and they come in a variety of materials and finishes, and Nick is an awesome guy to work with. And, his prices vary; G10 and other cheaper material options are about $40-50 direct. Metal is anywhere from $80-120 direct.
    [​IMG]