1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. Patrick Fowler

Patrick Fowler Empty Pockets

Does anybody carry and type of brass or other material knucks? and what kind do you carry

2. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

I have a copper BDRGear knuck I carry and fiancé carries a pink g10 one been wanting to get a afk sfk badly

Undead likes this.
  3. Patrick Fowler

Patrick Fowler Empty Pockets

right now I just have nicknucks made from stone washed Dracon... hopfully some frankart goodness soon

4. Rockwell Torrey

Rockwell Torrey Loaded Pockets

I know of nowhere you can carry brass even with a permit. You can own them as a collectors item.
    And I love to collect things (for the day when all paperwork goes out the window).

I do carry the lock (backup lock) for my bike chain a lot. And it fills my hand very nice and goes over my middle finger.

Yes, I have and ride a bike.

Kadelic likes this.
  5. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Knuks are bad news to be caught with just about anywhere. And it won't matter that they aren't made of brass. My son is a county police officer, and they get all the memos, and are up on jaw jackers, Comtect stingers, travel wrenches, and all the rest of the secret squirrel non metal knuckles and such. They arrest young guys every week with the things. For your own good, stay away from that junk, that has the sole purpose of getting your money out of your pocket and into the manufactures of the stuff.

Carry a AA minimag flashlight and do the same amount of damage with a little practice, and you'll even have a flashlight for when it gets dark at night.

6. trickcarey

trickcarey EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice score on the nicknucs. I'd live some aftankart stuff but that'll never happen. I'd love to hear more makers.
    I missed out on the latest nicknucs sale. Bummer.

7. inanitydefined

inanitydefined Loaded Pockets

Brass knuckles are mall ninja garbage. They do nothing to help you in a self defense situation (no extension of reach) and will only serve to get you in trouble. If you want something to defend yourself carry a hardwood or polymer cane. 50 state legal and much more use able. Or pepper spray if your location allows
    Edit: or if you want something that will actually protect you and are willing to take the risk (I even think they might be legal somewhere) carry an expanding baton.
    I've forever said anyone who thinks of a knife as anything other than a last chance do or die weapon to be used only if no real weapon is carried and no stick/pipe/rock/brick/frozen fish/whatever can be found, is looking to get dead. Brass knuckles are an even more poor defensive weapon than that. They are designed solely to break bones and mess up unarmed people

Last edited by inanitydefined, Aug 18, 2013
  8. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

To play devil's advocate... A knife may be unwise because it may be turned against you, and yada yada yada... Knucks, if used as a last resort to surprise and amplify your retort, might be actually better than a knife. Same reach, less chance of owner being the victim. more concealable. Less forensic evidence of counter attack. Less deadly?? I like the idea in principal as a Sam Colt sort of "God made man, Knucks made man equal" sort of thing. Am I off base? I think it is certainly more effective than a kuboton (unless you train with said kubotan)

9. inanitydefined

Both have next to zero reach (at least a knife gives you a couple of inches) and both are lethal force. Not a good idea at all. If you deploy lethal force to defend yourself against anything but lethal force (or otherwise have a valid, court verifiable reason to fear for your life) you are going in the slammer. Brass knuckles, as a purely offensive weapon, make it that much easier to land yourself there
    Edit: I'm no fan of kubaton either. Pepper spray is popular because it works. So do firearms.
    Edit edit: kubaton are also non lethal and defensive in nature. And knives are tools with other uses than hurting people. Both are easier to explain to the authorities

Last edited by inanitydefined, Aug 18, 2013
  10. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It might take some training to master a kubaton, but anyone should be able to do simple strikes.

I enjoy the looks and artistic value of done of the nuks I've seen but I age with most here: there are other impact devices that are safer to carry and probably more effective for actual self defense
    Remember, big brother is watching

11. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I agree... but spray is SO BORING!!! (joking, of course spray is the reasonable course of action here) And spray is bulky. if I could rig a Camelback with bear spray....

12. trickcarey

Can we change this to a thread about Nucks, not whether or not you think it's dumb to carry them?

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  13. emcdannell
    • In Omnia Paratus

emcdannell Loaded Pockets

To be fair tho, they are rather silly to carry and since they are illegal to carry, in all states I think??, Its technically against forum rules to talk about carrying them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

14. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

executive ice scraper....that is all....:)

hotworms likes this.
  15. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

I don't carry any because laws and such, but I do know a kid that made a knuckleduster from wood on shop. It was pretty cool actually.

16. duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010 Loaded Pockets

Negative they are highly illegal in PA. However a good quality carabiner can double as a set in a pinch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

whoozle and Echo2 like this.
  17. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

I do think brass knuckles are very effective weapons. If you're going to be punching them anyway, you might as well go with something that'll prevent your hand from breaking. More useful as a deterrent than a knife since most people don't even feel it when they get stabbed. I won't debate its legality though. I do believe that it is illegal to carry in most of America (and the world) for good reason but I don't think that reason is it's an ineffective weapon.

18. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

Nope, sorry never carried any. To be honest I've never given them much thought either way. I've found my cane can be quite a good weapon if need be. Although I can see where it might be interesting to collect the different styles that are out there.

trickcunningham likes this.
  19. trickcarey

I doubt that Jon wouldn't allow us to talk about them, seeing as he sells some products that are illegal in some places, like a single finger nuck, kubaton, etc.

20. inanitydefined

If your hand breaks from punching someone you don't belong swinging your fist anyway. Know your own limits and exercise proper form. Also a roll of quarters/flashlight/multi tool/stick/lipstick/rock/anything you can wrap your fingers around will firm your hand up so you hit harder.
    And yes, brass knuckles are very effective offensive weapons. Against unarmed and untrained victims. Find yourself attacked by someone with a bat and you'll quickly understand what I mean.
    Again, pepper spray is lighter, easier to use, longer reaching, more usable due to lower lethality, and far more legal. And having been hosed down once or twice, I assure you, its gonna stop or at least blind and disorient anyone

kertap75 likes this.