1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Know of any quality EDC adjustable wrenches?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by sublimepatriot1776, Sep 10, 2010.

1. sublimepatriot1776

sublimepatriot1776 Empty Pockets

Hello all,

Are there any quality adjustable wrenches out there that you could reasonably EDC?

Ive seen the pics of the steel slabs with descending cut outs for nuts and recently checked out the CRKT Gupie, found it to have a lot of slop and wiggle. I personally havent found anything better and am thinking of breaking out the dremel to maybe build FrankenWrench.

Any constructive criticism will be appreciated. Any undo negativity be your time wasted.

2. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

If you are just talking about a quality tool and one not specially built for EDC or extended non-tool belt carry, Craftsman builds a great line of adjustable wrenches in the so called "Crescent Wrench" style in a large variety of sizes. They are fairly heavy in comparison to their respective sizes, though. There may be makers of wrenches out of titanium that may suit you better, weight wise, but expect to pay a great deal more.

3. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Firstly, I like your approach ,) ..
    Normally, I carry more than one adjustable because it's standard in my trade as a Live Sound/Light Tech (^;
    Most of them are 'Cheap-O's' but I have my sights on one of these >> Channellock4InchAdjustablePhosphate ...
    Next time I spot one in my travel's .. I'm snapping it up !
    The 'Key-chain Job's' are in many case's Works of Art, but I don't need to accusation a ton of those at this rate because I'll go > :broke:
    [ I AM A CERTIFIED TOOL JUNKIE ! ]

IMO .. This little beauty would serve you quite well ,)

BE WELL .. GH

4. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

If you just need a wrench you are probably best off carrying one or modifying one to suit your purposes. If you want to combine a decent wrench with other tools you should look at the Byrdrench from Spyderco.

It is the latest variant of the Spyderench. The design is not ideal for the average multitool user because commonly-used features like screwdrivers require some rearrangement to access. It does provide immediate access to the adjustable wrench, pliers, and knife. And despite the odd design, all of the features work quite well.

--Bob Q

WillAdams likes this.
  5. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Along those lines, you might want to consider a Leatherman Crunch too :)

WillAdams likes this.
  6. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets