1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

After a few weeks, the Spyderco Police made another appearance on the tv show "Life". I'm happy Charlie got it back. I think it's back for good and will continue to make regularly scheduled appearances.

2. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

The History Channel has a documentary on biker gangs. Covering the Hell's Angels - Mongols battle in Laughlin, NV, a cop specifically mentions a Spyderco knife being used. Shortly after, photos of the various and sundry weapons recovered include (ironically) a Police Model.

johnny five likes this.
  3. WillCAD

WillCAD Loaded Pockets

I was happy to see that, too. Every cop I have ever met carries a knife, not just as a weapon, but as a tool.

On anotehr note - was anybody able to see what knife Will Smith used to cut himself loose in the new movie "I Am Legend?" I only caught a quick glimpse of it myself, despite seeing the movie twice; it definitely had a black blade, partially serrated, and a black handle. I'm not sure, but I think the blade was a tanto-style, probably less than 4" in length.

4. ousanas

ousanas Loaded Pockets

yeah, seemed to be an auto, or AO opener he used to cut himself down, not sure what it was tho'

5. Shreknow91

Shreknow91 Loaded Pockets

so i was just watching vh1, and on the show The best year ever, the dude was making fun of the astronaught who drove from texas to florida, and he walked into an army surplus store, he started to talk about the weapons he needed and it shows the store clerk whipping out a black folder, it happened so fast i couldnt even see the blade for more than a second, so i couldnt tell ya what it looked like, it just looked like a CCC from what i saw but im probably wrong

6. aj1985

aj1985 Empty Pockets

I just saw yesterday A civilian being used to cut the bad guy in the face in the Punisher. The funny thing was the knife was actually the bad guys and was used on him. ;D

take care
    aj

7. ktkeith

ktkeith Empty Pockets

That is funny. Didn't he get busted by Toby, the HR guy, on a previous year's episode for having a cache of bizarre (for an office environment) weapons, including a police baton, handcuffs, nunchuks, and the pepper spray he used to disable Pam's ex-boyfriend when he rushed Jim to assault him? Did he start sneaking them back in?

8. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Can't give it a positive ID, but it looked to me like it was a Benchmade Auto Stryker 9100BST.

9. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

On the Food Network, there was a cake competition. One chef used a multitool to carve a mortise to fit one piece into another. Also, I recall Alton Brown using a Leatherman to pull pin bones out of a fish fillet.

10. ekimatuan

ekimatuan Empty Pockets

Jack Bauer uses a number of Microtechs, mostly Halos in 24. That was my introduction to the brand. There used to be a bunch of clips on Youtube showing them but it seems Fox's lawyers got them removed.

11. ReadyFreddy23

I'm very new to knives and watching 24 gave me my first glimpse of a Microtech Halo 2. Jack was in the back of a limo with a businessman who pulls the Halo 2 out from a hiding spot in the limo to try to stab Jack. Jack says what's a businessman doing with a Halo 2. I hope people don't assume I'm a terrorist businessman for owning a Halo 2 or any of my other knives.

12. David.s

David.s Loaded Pockets

i think the knife used by leo di caprio in Blood Diamond when he pops his tooth out is a Winchester ranger.

13. peacefuljeffrey

OMG, the movies in which Spyderco knives appear are too numerous to list.
    (Another thing to watch for is Zippo lighters; but it's often too hard to tell whether they're genuine or knockoffs, though.)

Spyderco was featured in Cliffhanger and The Client, to name just two.

14. peacefuljeffrey

If that was the one with the SUV that was a rental, and the white guy got busted with his black "friend" in the passenger seat, I think that was a Delica, not an Endura.

15. peacefuljeffrey

In "Stir of Echoes," the hottie wife, Maggie, goes to leave the house, headed for a scary part of town.
    As she gets to the front door, she goes into the leather toolbelt of her lineman husband and removes a knife.

If you look carefully, you can see that it is a Benchmade Bogusziewski "Spike". Quite a cool knife to be so innocuously flashed in a movie.

16. ReadyFreddy23

I rented the first season of Dexter (on Showtime). It's about a Miami Forensics expert that works in the Crime Lab but he's a serial killer. But, he only kills bad people the he feels have escaped justice.

Lots of knives and weapons in this show. I noticed what looked like a Kershaw Boa.

Does anyone watch this show and did you notice this knife?

17. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Just grabbed some screenshots of some TV shows I watch. First up is an unknown knife from Battlestar Galactica, season 3, episode 2. It's used by characters Leoben and Kara Thrace to cut steak for dinner. Does anyone else use folding knives for a steak dinner? If held tip up at any time, don't the steak juices run down the blade and get stuck in the grip/internal area?

EDIT: Looks like a CRKT M21.

[img width=640 height=300]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/jlomein/bsg302knife.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Next is a Gerber Recoil multitool (thanks platypus) from The Unit, season 2, episode 7. It's used by Bob Brown to cut through some cables.

[img width=640 height=275]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/jlomein/theunit207tool.jpg[/img]

From the same episode of The Unit, Bob uses a Benchmade Griptilian with oval thumb hole and plain edge to pry open a fire extinguisher case. In the first pic you can see that he uses the "no touch" flip open method.

[img width=640 height=323]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/jlomein/theunit207knife.jpg[/img]

Bob Brown also uses the same Benchmade Griptilian to make some fire tinder in The Unit, season 2, episode 8.

[​IMG]

Finally, here are two knives from The Unit, season 3, episode 7. Jonas Blaine uses the first one, a Kershaw Needs Work Folder (thanks SALT), to cut open the shirt of a wounded comrade. Mack uses the second one, appearing to be a Kershaw Junkyard Dog (thanks platypus and Darkling), to cut up some fabric.

[​IMG]

18. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I do. All the time. Years ago at a dinner for our pistol club, when the steak was served, there was a chorus of clicks, followed by a brief pause, then laughter all around.

That's what napkins are for. I have a friend who would have said, "that's what tablecloths are for".

19. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Does anyone know what the auto folder used by Jennifer Garner in The Kingdom? SCENE: Janet rescues Leavitt from the Saudis to mean to execute him on film. RESULT: Deathblow to the skull.

20. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I think that multitool is the Gerber Recoil. Scroll to about halfway down the page for the Gerber stuff.