1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. sasquatch

sasquatch Loaded Pockets

Stallone's CLiffhanger

The old guy flying the chopper gets shot up, passes his Spyderco to Hal before expiring. Didn't see good enough to nail the model.

2. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

Re: Stallone's CLiffhanger

Endura ;)

3. Papacat

Papacat Loaded Pockets

I remember when I was watching Terminator 3-I really hate that movie-John Connor uses two different Gerber multitools when he's constructing a bomb, but they cut the footage together to make it seem he was only using one tool. One of the tools was a Legend and the other was a Multiplier. To me, it was silly that they think no one would notice, and just another reason to hate that movie.

-Papacat.

4. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

How about Jack Crain? He made knives for Commando, Predator 1 and 2, and a bunch of other movies. Also the War of the Worlds TV series, I think.

5. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

Well, it's no big feat, but I've seen Adam Savage using a Leatherman Wave in at least three episodes of Mythbusters.

6. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

That red-haired chick has used a LM at least a couple of times on MythBusters, too.

7. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I watched "The Unit" last night. There were two different knives shown.

I didn't recognize the first knife (Jonas used it to cut away clothing after Grey got shot).

I'm not 100% sure but the second knife looked like a Kershaw Junk Yard Dog (Mac used it to cut sheets to make a signal for the satellites to see their location).

Did anyone else watch the show and recognize the knives?

8. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Dangit. I was watching the show, but I think I stepped away and missed those scenes.

9. Hookpunch

Hookpunch Empty Pockets

Does anyone know what knife Val Kilmer was carrying in Spartan? the one that was bugged.

Thanks

10. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

Wow! I watched "The Office" last night and to my surprise, they had knives, swords, blow-guns, and a rifle on the show. Michael (the boss in the office) decided to go out on his own Survivor Man expedition. Michael said all he needs is a knife and duct tape and he sent Dwight out on a mission to find those items. Dwight (the kiss-up assistant to the assistant mgr) runs to a hiding spot and pulls out a cache of knives (I'll pause the DVR tonight to see if I can identify any). Next, Dwight goes to various hiding spots in the office (toilet resevoir, drop ceiling, plants, file cabinets, etc) and shows us his weapons he has stored in the office for emergencies. Too funny.

11. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

The guys on mythbusters have stepped up to the TI leathermans now. One scene they tested wheter sharkskin was like sandpaper and sharpened the TI's knife blade. Next he tested how far a bullet will fall into the ground after being shot up. Using the LM to test the depth.

12. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Sure looks like it. From the "silver bullet" myth.

Attached Files:

13. WillCAD

WillCAD Loaded Pockets

Yes, I was somewhat dissapointed in that; Charlie pulled his knife for mundane uses a few times in the first two eps, then in about the 3rd or 4th ep he pulled it to defend himself when a suspect tried to slice him open and he couldn't get his sidearm out in time. I thought it showed a perfectly legitimate use of a knife by a LEO defending himself from an armed assailant, but then they made a big deal about his partner demanding that he hand over his knife because it violated department policy or some such nonsense.

My dad has been a cop since 1972, and he's always carried some kind of knife on the job. He's never had to use it for self-defense, thankfully, but I can't recall the last time I saw a real cop without some kind of knife on his duty belt or in his pocket.

I'll still watch Life, though. I like the character and the premise, and I like the guy who plays Charlie Crews (he also played Major Dick Winters in Band of Brothers). I just hope the whole "figuring out the conspiracy" thing only goes one season, no more.

14. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Severtech Spartan.

todd

15. ninjaboigt

ninjaboigt Loaded Pockets

LOL one of my favorite tv series, i saw the first one, but i didnt reconize it either, it was too quick. but a few episodes ago, i saw one dude use a benchmade ( i think ) to pop open a fire extingisher's holding case at a motel, and later used it on guard dogs.

16. baliguy76

baliguy76 Guest

I just recently saw a balisong in hanibal rising but I think it was just a CCC

17. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

A little knife is one of the star of Razor/BattleStar Galactica :

[​IMG]

Very abused, seems low-entry chinese or pakistanese, never seen it.

18. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

What's a CCC?

19. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Cheap Chinese Clone.

20. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

:bounce:

Hilarious. :laugh: