1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

Yes, as Mr. Brown is schilling for Kershaw, he tends to have a lot of them in his pockets. He was clearing brush with a big Ken Onion design on an earlier show. And what was he cutting that coo-icle with? Looked like a Kershaw blur?

2. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I just saw a preview for "The Bionic Woman" a new (remake) television series. I saw what looked like a ProTech Godfather/Godson. Not sure which one as it was thrown or kicked into the air and I didn't have anything to compare the size. I liked the original show when I was a kid. This one looks pretty good. It looks dark.

I saw the commercial again and used my tivo to rewind it and play it in slow motin. After a second look, it's not a ProTech. It looks like an older style switchblade.

3. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Thanks, Platy - it does look like a ZT. I looked it up on the Kershaw site, and in looked to me like this one:

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=10

That page says:
    No wonder they look alike.

4. ReadyFreddy23

I received an advance copy of a new show. The new show is called "Life". A cop goes to jail for Life for a crime he didn't commit. After 12 yrs he's released because new DNA evidence proved he was innocent. He wins a huge settlement and gets his job back as a cop (detective). In the first episode, the lead character pulls out a Spyderco w/ stainless steel handle (Police model?).

5. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Last night the avocado episode of Good Eats was on and the kitchen knife AB used to disassemble the avocado appeared to be a Kershaw/Ken Onion design.

Attached Files:

6. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

was watching the Wildboyz in Indonesia and saw Chris Pontius prying off a coconut crab off Steve-O's butt with a Gerber Recoil.

7. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

I actually handled that knife at a local knife store. Mega-sweet!! BUT THE PRICE!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

8. nikon

nikon Empty Pockets

Yep, that was a Police model.

9. MinorCuts

MinorCuts Empty Pockets

On a couple of episodes of Man vs Wild, I've seen Bear using what appears to be a Gerber Gator. On other episodes I've seen him use a fixe blade. Some other forumite provided the following link regarding the FB:

http://www.bayleyknife.com/bear.htm

10. griff

griff Loaded Pockets

I love to see a microtech on tv! It makes me watch next time hoping it will happen again :popcorn:

11. ReadyFreddy23

watched the show "House" tonight. One of the characters on the show whipped out a SOG Twitch XL. At least I think it was the XL model. The character jammed the knife into an electrical outlet and electrocuted himself. I think he lived. "House" picked up the knife and was flicking it open and closing it repeatedly. :popcorn:

As soon as I saw the knife, I yelled out "Hey! That's a SOG Twitch XL!" to which my wife said "I'm not impressed". She's not a knife fan. :brickwall:

12. ReadyFreddy23

Last night on the show "Life" a Spyderco Police model made it's second appearance in 3 episodes. It might not be back though :mad:
    Also, the show seems to have implied that people that carry knives are like convicts carrying shanks.

13. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

HAHAHA! Same here - the new series just hit aus and the episode your taking about is going to be on wednesday. But I saw the ads last night and all three scenes shown was him flicking the knife. And i was like "I know what model that is" to which my sister gives that "god hes at it again" look. So i shut my trap.

14. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

I married an "anti-knife-wife" too :rant:

15. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Wow! Bummers.

On our second date, my GF asked me what kind of knife I was carrying. I showed her mine and she showed me hers. :laugh: Turns out she had bought herself a Cold Steel Voyager. When we realized we carried the same brand, we figured this would be the start of something good. :smitten: It's been a bunch of years since that date and I am still crazy about her.

johnny five and ChrisJ like this.
  16. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

Sounds like love to me!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

17. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Sure seems like it to me! And if it isn't, it's sure been a dang good substitute. ;D Cold Steel and warm hearts -- an EDC love story. :)

johnny five likes this.
  18. ReadyFreddy23

on the show "Chuck" a female DEA agent had a couple of briefcases in her trunk. One of the briefcases was loaded with handguns and the other with knives. I only recognized a Chris Reeve Green Beret knife.

19. akubra

akubra Loaded Pockets

In Kingdom J. Garner is using a folder as a last resort weapon in a fight scene. I don`t know the make/model though.

20. raiderrescuer

raiderrescuer Loaded Pockets

In the movie "The Edge" Anthony Hopkin's character used a Brian Lyttle folder.