1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

Thanks!

2. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm going to have to rent this movie now if I want to answer your question, because the almighty internets aren't helping me in my research. :rolleyes:

3. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

It was a movie well worth watching, IMO. Kind of depressing, though.

4. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

According to other knife sites and the experts that post.. it was just some POS generic folder. Nothing special at all.

5. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

How depressing. I was hoping it'd be "exotic" like an Emerson or something. It was cool that he actually used it for a legitimate knifey purpose.

6. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

In the E-Ring episode where JT was captured by Iranians & later had to Escape & Evade using captured gear & weapons, he had a big SOG fixed blade (Tigershark?) that he nicked out of the bad guys thigh pocket whilst he was held prisoner in the bed of a Tali-wagon.

7. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I was watching "Feasting on Asphalt" last night (big Alton Brown fan), and at one of their stops they were eating smoked fish and he pulled out what looked to me (in my knife noobieeness) like a Strider. It had the thick blade, "that" shape, and the tiger stripes.

8. greptile

greptile Loaded Pockets

9. Goldtanker

Goldtanker Empty Pockets

Alright youngsters. How about the Adventures of Jim Bowie (TV-1956 to 1958). Hokey enough to set back the whole theory of the wedge. ;D

[​IMG]

10. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I've seen him pull a Kershaw in his regular shows, but last night's knife was definitely not a Kershaw. In his site he says:

But the folder he had in last night's show looked nothing like the pics of that model; it was rather large, had black and/or grey metal accents on the handle, and a wide blade with tiger stripes. The tiger stripes is what got me thinking it was a Strider. It also had that peculiar blade shape.

11. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

Was just watching Feasting on Asphalt, and good old AB was using a Kershaw Outcast to cut willow branches to make a "grill" to cook beef and pork steaks.

There's a real good shot of his "jungle knife" as he called it.

12. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

He must be carrying a truckload of different knives. I was watching the series earlier today, and in the episode where they visit the town of Alton he's using the Ken Onion Cyclone 1630 he mentions in his website.

I don't know how TV shows work, but that's a lot of Kershaws out there. Makes me think they must have some sort of sponsorship agreement with them. :shrug:

13. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

He endorses the Shun line of kitchen cutlery that Kershaw sells. He's even in the sales/infomercial video talking about steels, construction, and handle design.

As far back as I can remember he's used Kershaw knives. I remember one episode when he pulled out a Leek and I proclaimed to my wife, "That's a Kershaw Leek!" All I got from her was :rolleyes: :shrug: .

14. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I think that was in the chili episode of Good Eats (big AB fan here, if you hadn't noticed). There're videos of that particular scene on youtube.

15. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

And it's a great sales/infomercial. Here it is.

16. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

That is a standard response from unenlightened wives. I get it all the time!!!!!!! And THIS all the time! :rant: :slap:

17. Blackhat

Blackhat Empty Pockets

I believe I read somewhere that the knife used in that show was the same one used in the movie Iron Mistress (1952) with Alan Ladd as Bowie. If so, it would be a Nelson Cooper bowie. And for any who might be interested, you can still purchase a copy of that knife today for the modest sum of $1200.

18. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

It was a Zero Tolerance knife. Spin off of Kershaw.

Check Kershaw's website, he's pictured with their kitchen knives. In earlier episodes of Good Eats, I have seen him use a Spyderco.

//platypus

19. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Oh, and on one of Rachel Ray's shows, she was backstage with Joe Perry (Aerosmith), who produced a Darrel Ralph folder. Check out DR's website for more. The video of the show is on teh Intarweb somewhere. Google it.

//platypus